Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help needed ......Cheating

Can a person who has cheated and done fraud in his country live with peace in US?. A friend of mine was cheated of huge sum of money by her a person and now he is in US as a visitor , working illegally.. can she file a case against him ,being in her country?? any suggestions would be of great help

Can a person who has cheated and done fraud in his country live with peace in US?. A friend of mine was cheated of huge sum of money by her a person and now he is in US as a visitor , working illegally.. can she file a case against him ,being in her country?? any suggestions would be of great help

Comment

hi give some more details....was she married to him or what ? is there any proof of cheating ?

Comment

my friend is a woman who is seperated from her husband for some time . she is working as a executive for a reputed firm . There was this man who befriended her , telling her that he is unmarried .He told her that he is in loan and requested her to help him come out of it .later on she came to know that he is married .but mean while he had extracted lot of her savings . one fine day he went to US with his family . He is there in US as a visitor working illegally i guess ... He has also threatned her of consequences and abused her of badcharacter..she is devastated..please help ..can she file for a case and get back her money

Comment

Hi
          He can definitely be charged for bigamy as he was already married before.... You need to talk to a lawyer in India and file a case against him for mispresenting facts that he got married to your friend without divorce from a competent court... and then you have to notify US Consulate about this. The court itself will take action if you can know where does he live in USA. One more thing I would suggest you ... visit www.bharatmatrimony.com there is a column legal on the left side where you can put your quarries and lawyer will answer it in 2 weeks... I hope this will help you...Regards.

Comment

hi pasha,

The thing is he didnt get married to my friend . He promised to her to get married . but without which cant she file a case of cheating against him

Comment

if there is a proof that he promised her for marriage...he can still be charged and about money cheating i would tell you...you should talk to a lawyer...as far as i know...if there are records of taking money out from her account...you can sue him...Good luck

Comment

If you have all the evidence about this cheating and you can file a suit against hi/her. and also you should report this to ins lawenforcement about his working.

Comment

I would suggest your friend move on and chalk this bad experience up to lessons learned. If I don't miss my guess your friend "gave" the money to the man with the expectation that, at some point, he would pay her back, however, unless he signed promissory note or other documentation stating the money was a loan she's probably out of luck. Many women voluntarily give men money because they love them and then, when the relationship turns sour, they expect to be repaid. It's very unfortunate but because your friend was "in love" she fell for the oldest and easiest trick in the books. I hope she is OK - good luck.

Comment

So she doesnt have any hope ?? she feels is definitely not OK . The betrayal is hard on her i guess ....Is there no way for an innocent woman to get justice...

Comment

how is she gonna get justice if there are no evidences for cheating ? any court won't believe in hard feelings but proof...

Comment

she has the proof of cheques ,wont that be enough???

Comment

Hi Manasi,
                          I really don't know what to write...I am not a lawyer. It would be better if you talk to some lawyer for your friend's case, that will be the best option for you. If he came to USA on visitor visa then he should be coming back to India. But once again if your friend wrote him a check then I guess you can't do much in this...in that case there won't be any cheating if she herself gave him money. Does she have any promissory note about given money ? if no then I guess it would be real hard for you to prove any cheating just based on verbal evidence. You should contact a lawyer....or just forget whatever happened and learn a lesion from this experience....Regards.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation