Sammy, Mohan or Umesh - any thoughts???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sammy, Mohan or Umesh - any thoughts???

Help, I'm trapped!

I am in the final process of waiting for the AOS based on my L1A visa. It has gone passed the 180 days mark and I am waiting for my EAD to arrive thru the post.

When I started, it was a good job. In the last few months, the company has restructured completely and my job is now dreadful. They have changed my role completely, but fortunately are aware of the problems and will not inform the BCIS.

I want out. I may have another job offer coming up with some friends that will be as enjoyable as my current job used to be.

However, I am not sure what this will do to me as I am on the L1A not the H1B. Do I need to get sacked, can I leave, will I get deported, refused my green card later? If necessary, I will stick it out, but the thought of staying another 18 months is a bit of a nightmare.

I cannot ask my immigration lawyers as they are paid by the company I work for. I cannot take the risk.

Any advice?

Dispirited of Socal

Help, I'm trapped!

I am in the final process of waiting for the AOS based on my L1A visa. It has gone passed the 180 days mark and I am waiting for my EAD to arrive thru the post.

When I started, it was a good job. In the last few months, the company has restructured completely and my job is now dreadful. They have changed my role completely, but fortunately are aware of the problems and will not inform the BCIS.

I want out. I may have another job offer coming up with some friends that will be as enjoyable as my current job used to be.

However, I am not sure what this will do to me as I am on the L1A not the H1B. Do I need to get sacked, can I leave, will I get deported, refused my green card later? If necessary, I will stick it out, but the thought of staying another 18 months is a bit of a nightmare.

I cannot ask my immigration lawyers as they are paid by the company I work for. I cannot take the risk.

Any advice?

Dispirited of Socal

Comment

Oh, and the latest is that we may all be moved from the company to an outsourcing company to reduce the bottom line.

So another spanner in the works, as I imagine my L1A goes up in smoke at that point?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation