•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of visa? What chances.

Hello everybody,

I hope that someone could help me.

I'm from Russia (Omsk), I'm working as offshore programmer in American market research firm (since May 2001). I have hire agreement, confedentiality agreement and some other documents that prove that I really work with them.

My boss offers me to visit him in June-July. (Just pleasure visit). He also offers me to do this trip with my fiance (we plan to marry in this-next year). I don't have any other work except this remote work. She's working here in Omsk as manager in small marketing firm.

And it seems that I can't prove my stable links with Russia. (I just have one cheap apartment in my reale-state portfolio and ~$5000 account in bank) But I defenitely will go back - It's not good for my boss to hire me there - It's really different money (he must pay me for example $30 instead of current $10 per hour for example).

I know that I have very low chances to get B2 visa. But it's not ok to ask B1 business visa if I'll go with my girl - right?

Could you give me any advices?

My boss ready to take me any invitations/other documents that should be needed.

I afraid that consulate will reject my visa request and I'll not able to travel to USA next few years.

I'm 25 years, my girl - 24. She was in USA in 1996 in her last high-school year. We did not visit any other conutries anywhen.

Thanks in advance.

Alex.

Hello everybody,

I hope that someone could help me.

I'm from Russia (Omsk), I'm working as offshore programmer in American market research firm (since May 2001). I have hire agreement, confedentiality agreement and some other documents that prove that I really work with them.

My boss offers me to visit him in June-July. (Just pleasure visit). He also offers me to do this trip with my fiance (we plan to marry in this-next year). I don't have any other work except this remote work. She's working here in Omsk as manager in small marketing firm.

And it seems that I can't prove my stable links with Russia. (I just have one cheap apartment in my reale-state portfolio and ~$5000 account in bank) But I defenitely will go back - It's not good for my boss to hire me there - It's really different money (he must pay me for example $30 instead of current $10 per hour for example).

I know that I have very low chances to get B2 visa. But it's not ok to ask B1 business visa if I'll go with my girl - right?

Could you give me any advices?

My boss ready to take me any invitations/other documents that should be needed.

I afraid that consulate will reject my visa request and I'll not able to travel to USA next few years.

I'm 25 years, my girl - 24. She was in USA in 1996 in her last high-school year. We did not visit any other conutries anywhen.

Thanks in advance.

Alex.

Comment

Alex - If you can prove your ties to Russia that would be fine. You are permanently employed with this company, and you have a small apartment.

With you application take with -

* A copy of 6 months banking statements
      * Payslips
      * A letter from you employer stating that you are granted leave for that period and that wehn you return you will have a job still.
      * The invitation from you manager in the US. Rather say that he is your friend and that you are visiting him as a friend. Dont mention that he is your boss unless they ask you.
      * You itinerary - prebooked plane ticket showing your return date.

The same would count for you fiance.

You would apply for a B2 visa. Your chances are as good as anybody elses. The denials on B2 visas are very little, so dont worry about it.

Good luck

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed