Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel Authorization

I am currently waiting for my interview for my 1-130 and my grandfather is going to pass away at any time and would like to go back home.
    Is there any kind of authorization I can get to go and say goodbye and if so how long does it take to get this.
    thanks for anyone who can help me on this matter asap!

I am currently waiting for my interview for my 1-130 and my grandfather is going to pass away at any time and would like to go back home.
    Is there any kind of authorization I can get to go and say goodbye and if so how long does it take to get this.
    thanks for anyone who can help me on this matter asap!

Comment

i am afraid there is not such thing... for I-130...
      just my guess

Comment

Not Really.

Comment

If you are waiting for an interview, I assumed you filed Form I-485 adjustment of status at the same tiem you filed the I-130 petition for alien relative. If this is the case, you MAY be eligible to file for an advance parole by filing the I-131 with the district office. THIS OF COURSE, if you have maintained lawful status.
          Please clarify if you have an I-485 pending.

Comment

The advice I always hear is DO NOT LEAVE THE U.S. FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER, it doesn't matter if you get an advanced parole. That document does not ensure your return to the U.S.--if you only have an approved petition, that means almost nothing, giving you no real immigration status. I have heard of many cases where the person left to their home country for emergencies of all kinds, got advanced parole to leave, and faced much difficulty returning. If you leave, you do so at your own risk.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation