Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• illegal aliens and the irs

I am a us citizen, and recently married someone who has been here for three years with no papers. He has been working using an invented social security number, and has not filed any tax returns. We want to straighten things out to avoid future problems, but what happens when I file my taxes? Should he file too just like normal? Or does he need to catch up the last two years? I know we can't get him legal papers without the LIFE act, but we are trying to straighten things out as much as possible... PLEASE HELP!

I am a us citizen, and recently married someone who has been here for three years with no papers. He has been working using an invented social security number, and has not filed any tax returns. We want to straighten things out to avoid future problems, but what happens when I file my taxes? Should he file too just like normal? Or does he need to catch up the last two years? I know we can't get him legal papers without the LIFE act, but we are trying to straighten things out as much as possible... PLEASE HELP!

Comment

I think that when filing for his papers, INS will also give a form refering to taxes. He will have to show the last three years' worth of tax returns. In the event that taxes have not been paid for instance, they would have to be straightened out and returns filed as an important part of the adjustment process. I could be wrong, but a friend of mine was in a similar predicament and they squared away the taxes business directly before filing. Good luck!

Comment

what about getting an ITIN so he could file taxes and show he had?

Comment

After you have to file joint tax return with him. You have to show three years tax return to INS not him. you are the sponsor.you should be the one who should be capable to beat poverty line.
          IF you can get him ITIN he can be placed on tax returns.He don,t have to file for last three years.

Comment

TO GET AN ITIN NUMBER TWO PEICES OF ***ORIGINIAL*** ID ARE REQUIRED AND A W-7 FORM FOR THE TAXPAYER AND ALL DEPENDENTS HE OR SHE IS GOING TO CLAIM.

TAKE THE ABOVE INFO TO A IRS BRANCH OFFICE AND THEY WILL CHECK THE ID AND SEND ALL INFO TO PHILIDELPHIA AND THEN THEY SEND AN ITIN CARD IN THE MAIL. YOU CAN THEN FILE TAXES AND IT IS ALWAYS BEST TO FILE FOR THE PAST THREE YEARS ALL AT ONCE TO COLLECT ANY REFUND OR PAY ANYTHING OWED AS TO AVOID FURTHER PROBLEMS.

PER AN ANCIENT TREATY, A MEXICAN CITIZEN CAN CLAIM DEPENDENTS IN MEXICO BY GETTING ITIN NUMBERS FOR THEM. IT IS QUITE A PROCESS BUT WHEN ALL THE NUMBERS COME IN (IN ABOUT 6 WEEKS). YOU CAN THEN FILE USING THESE NUMBERS. THERE IS NO REPORTING OF IRS INFO TO IMMIGRATION PER THEIR PRIVACY ACT.

Comment

I beg to differ. If he has been working, then he will declare that on the INS forms - you give the name(s) of your employer...Obviously then, if that is so, he should have been paying taxes - which means they WILL want to see three years of tax returns from him AND the sponsor. File returns before adjusting. Good luck!

Comment

http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums?a=...1&m=5126058891

Comment

Is this Angie the cow? With the Mex illegal hubby??Thought you had all your ducks in a row babe?? Loser

Comment

THE IRS WILL NOT SHARE INFORMATION WITH INS. THE APPLICANT "THEMSELVES" MUST DECLARE ALL OF THIS TO INS OR SIGN A RELEASE FOR RELEASE OF INFORMATION.

Comment

Angie, the IRS may pretend they'll not disclose information to the INS, but who can be sure about that, same thing as with that FOIA crap!!!

Comment

Stressed out I would like to talk to you, could you please email me?
                        becky9843@yahoo.com

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed