• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im glad INS is almost over...

Hey guys...

I just wanted to let you know something that happened to me a few days ago

i called INS asking for forms numbers, so i can apply some paperwork, right

as i've read before on INS webpage, you DO can obtain a AOS even when your status is OVERSAYED ( in some cases )

I got married to a USC, i overstayed my B visa expired almost 3 yrs now...

If they CAN do an AOS since im married now, WHY IN HELL THEY WANT TO TRANSFER MY CALL TO AN IMMIGRATION OFFICER TO START MY DEPORTATION PROCEDURES????

geeeeez

Hey guys...

I just wanted to let you know something that happened to me a few days ago

i called INS asking for forms numbers, so i can apply some paperwork, right

as i've read before on INS webpage, you DO can obtain a AOS even when your status is OVERSAYED ( in some cases )

I got married to a USC, i overstayed my B visa expired almost 3 yrs now...

If they CAN do an AOS since im married now, WHY IN HELL THEY WANT TO TRANSFER MY CALL TO AN IMMIGRATION OFFICER TO START MY DEPORTATION PROCEDURES????

geeeeez

Comment

Please tell us what happened? Why will you be in deportation proceedings? They usually help you when you call them? If I were you file all forms concurrently ASAP! Don't worry you'll be okey.

Comment

Pissed !, don't be stupid -- do NOT call them and ask 'em what to do when you are a visa overstayer -- understandably they'd tell you they want to start deportation proceedings against you -- because you're an overstayer. You get the forms yourself, fill 'em out, send them by mail to INS and wait. Got it?

Comment

Brownfox...
          I came with a B visa, expired almost 3yrs ago.. i got married last yr (4mo ago)

They told me.. "Doesn't matter if you are married with a legal resident or an USC.. you are not allowed in this country because you have no visa, so please stay on the line while i tranfer you to an immigration officer so we can start the deportation procedures"

My english is not good enough... so i hang up instead of waiting on the line.. haha

Hoy, tks.. yeah, im doing that next week... i already talked to a lawyer about my case

Comment

You'll be okey, nothing to worry about. You were inspected by IO when you entered the country and now you are married to USC. This violation is minor and won't be revisited by the examining officer.Just file your papers ASAP and work with your lawyer. You should not be charged too much because you have a clean case. As with regards to the person from the INS office, sometimes you can never tell. Most of the time these are the lowest personnel in the office and in my opinion they don't even know what they are talking about. If you ask for an IO you can and based on my experience they are usually nicer and more professional than the first one you talk on the phone.

Comment

Hey, i got one more question for you...

does the expiration date on my I-94 makes any difference?

is the same thing if it expired 3 yrs ago?

i just realize the Expiration date is
              FEB 25, 2001....
              does it make any difference applying BEFORE the two yrs...???

TKS

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed