Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• conditional residence

Hi, me and my wife are about to file I-751 for removal of conditions on my GC. I heard terrible stories...People waiting for years with no news...And we wanted to move to a different state - which would delay the process even more, so we're holding out...Can anyone share experiences...? Please? I read Marie write that it's not a big deal...but from other places I read about people wishing they had waited 2 years for filing their AOS application so that they gey a 10 year GC.

Hi, me and my wife are about to file I-751 for removal of conditions on my GC. I heard terrible stories...People waiting for years with no news...And we wanted to move to a different state - which would delay the process even more, so we're holding out...Can anyone share experiences...? Please? I read Marie write that it's not a big deal...but from other places I read about people wishing they had waited 2 years for filing their AOS application so that they gey a 10 year GC.

Comment

You need to file the petition before the expiration date. You file it at the service center with jurisdiction of your place or residence. Whatever you do, do not let your alien registration card expire

Comment

I filead my AOS application @ Milwaukee center. Do I file my I-751 @ the same place? Thanx

Comment

Your service center is:
          U.S. Department of Homeland Security
          Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services
          Nebraska Service Center
          P.O. Box 87751
          Lincoln, NE 68501-7751

Comment

If you can avoid to move, do that by any means! STAY WHERE YOU ARE!

yes another horror story: I was supposed to remove the condition in May 1993, and that's what we did with my husband (USC). We went to the interview and everything, and then in July 93, he got orders to transfer to the other side of the country (active duty Armed Forces). We did everything the proper way, filled in the address change forms (twice; with the local INS as well as the Washington address that they gave to us). We never received anything after that, the years came and went, our inquiries were totally ignored, finally my card expired, I was reported to the Border Patrol, and then I left the country to attend my father's funeral with an expired GC, then an investigation started into marriage fraud, I was told by the INS paroling officer. He was a former active duty armed forces too and knew how difficult it was to get a sailer out of his patrol to attend interviews.
            After all this, my husband's commanding officer finally wrote an offical letter to the local INS and requested that the interview to be conducted at the time when his boat is in, we got our "second" interview in less than 14 days, and my card arrived in June 1995 (a few days after the "interview").

Comment

Thanks everybody

Comment

Trustme, its scary to read your experience, my hubby also in army forces. I just hope nothing bad happen.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation