Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to go...Please help

I entered the US last October as a visitor and I was allowed to stay until December 20. My friends asked me to stay with them for the Christmas Holidays so I applied for an extension of 3 more months right before December 20. I must return home now as a problem at work requires me to be present but INS has my original I-94 with I-539 application. Can I leave without the I-94 card ? The Immigration Service says it will take 30 to 60 days to process the case but I can't wait that long anymore. If my extension is approved and/or denied and I am already gone what will happen ? I want to come back in the future without breaking any law. Please help.

I entered the US last October as a visitor and I was allowed to stay until December 20. My friends asked me to stay with them for the Christmas Holidays so I applied for an extension of 3 more months right before December 20. I must return home now as a problem at work requires me to be present but INS has my original I-94 with I-539 application. Can I leave without the I-94 card ? The Immigration Service says it will take 30 to 60 days to process the case but I can't wait that long anymore. If my extension is approved and/or denied and I am already gone what will happen ? I want to come back in the future without breaking any law. Please help.

Comment

Yes, INS has implemented the exit registration at all intl airports in the US. So when you leave, you'll have a record. Also make sure bring you extension application receipt with you (and keep a copy for yourself in case they want it at the airport)

Comment

Thank you INS. I'll make sure I register my departure. My concern is on what will happen when I try to return to the US in the future. Will there be a record saying that I left the country while I was an I-539 pending case ? Is that bad ?

Comment

I checked out the status of my I-539 and it says they sent a request for additional evidence or information on my extension. I need to leave in a few days. What should I do ?? Tell them I have to leave ?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation