Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marrying in another country

I am a US citizen and I will be marrying my fiance from Honduras in a few months. The wedding will take place in Honduras, because he was in the US illegally before and returned there on his own will (he came across the border illegally and he has no record with US immigration). My questions are: what do I need to do to keep my US citizenship when marrying in Honduras? After the wedding, can I immediately apply for my husband to become a citizen and how long will it take before he can enter the US legally? Thanks for your help.

I am a US citizen and I will be marrying my fiance from Honduras in a few months. The wedding will take place in Honduras, because he was in the US illegally before and returned there on his own will (he came across the border illegally and he has no record with US immigration). My questions are: what do I need to do to keep my US citizenship when marrying in Honduras? After the wedding, can I immediately apply for my husband to become a citizen and how long will it take before he can enter the US legally? Thanks for your help.

Comment

Are you planning on staying in Honduras? I would find out from the embassy/consulate in Honduras whether they to Direct Consular Filing, which could speed the process considerably. Your US citizenship status should not be compromised by marrying in Honduras but I believe you need to come back to the US annually if you plan on living in Honduras. If your fiance/spouse has no record of being in the US you should be able to file the appropriate paperwork to bring him here but if Honduras does not accept DCF (Direct Consular Filing) you will have to file the paperwork from the US. Good luck

Comment

US Citizen can get married any where in the world.
        1. If a marrage profomed in Honduras,is accepted by the Government it is acceptable by the US as well.
        2. Once you get married get some certified copies of the marrage certificate, if not in English get it translated by an official translator,US Embassy/Consulate will have the list of authoried translators or if you knoe the language you can translate and take the oath of translation before the consul.
        3. US Embassy is located at Tegucigalpa, Honduras.
        4. US Emabssy Honduras is authorised to issue visa.
        Best of Luck.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed