Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 Petition for Alien Relative

I am planning to marry my fiance in his home country of Turkey. Does anyone know if I will need to file the I-130 at the Nebraska Service Center. Instead of an Embassy there? Do I just ship it to them before we go on Honeymoon? How long should I expect it to take to arrange for interview (do I need to go with him?)? How long is the expected wait to get his Visa approved?

Since the ceremony in Turkey is only a civil ceremony we would like to arrange to have a "regular ceremony" and reception in the US for my friends and family.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    lynnwhms@msn.com

I am planning to marry my fiance in his home country of Turkey. Does anyone know if I will need to file the I-130 at the Nebraska Service Center. Instead of an Embassy there? Do I just ship it to them before we go on Honeymoon? How long should I expect it to take to arrange for interview (do I need to go with him?)? How long is the expected wait to get his Visa approved?

Since the ceremony in Turkey is only a civil ceremony we would like to arrange to have a "regular ceremony" and reception in the US for my friends and family.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    lynnwhms@msn.com

Comment

If you are planning to marry in Turkey, then it will be better that you file I-130 at U.S. Embassy there. It will be very fast and save you atleast 6 - 8 months as compared to filing to Service Center in the United States.
      Good luck.

Comment

Could it really be that easy? If I call the embassy would they be able to give me an idea of how long it would take to process the visa request?

Also something that has bothered me greatly. It would seem that K-2 visas are very hard to come by and people are paying up to $5000 for something that if they qualify for...they should only pay $130 for. Is this just a side effect of a poor economy in these countries? Is it fairly common? Are these American citizens working there? Or people of that country are looking for more money?

Also: Are you a lawyer? Or just someone with a lot of knowlege in this area?

Comment

The B-2 visas. I have really read too much about this subject!!! Everything is mixing together!!
          Thanks again Umeesh!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed