Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umesh Passi- Please Advise

I know u have excellent knowledge about divorce matters. My question is whether BCIS accepts a foregin divorce obtained from home country of the couple, who are now residing in USA. I did inquire from certain attorneys about it. I got different answers about it. One attorney recommended to file divorce in USA for the reason u are here. Another recommended u can get from ur home country since u were married there. Yet another said u can not file divorce in USA at all because u never got married here. So my question to u is to please clarify, whether a divorce paper obtained from home country, while the couple is residing in USA at the time of divoce will be acceptable to BCIS? THANKS

I know u have excellent knowledge about divorce matters. My question is whether BCIS accepts a foregin divorce obtained from home country of the couple, who are now residing in USA. I did inquire from certain attorneys about it. I got different answers about it. One attorney recommended to file divorce in USA for the reason u are here. Another recommended u can get from ur home country since u were married there. Yet another said u can not file divorce in USA at all because u never got married here. So my question to u is to please clarify, whether a divorce paper obtained from home country, while the couple is residing in USA at the time of divoce will be acceptable to BCIS? THANKS

Comment

If you and your spouse had resided continuously for a year in a foreign country at the time of divorce, only then a divorce will be valid and it should have been issued by a competent Court of that country.
      If you and your spouse are living continuously in the United States then you must get a divorce from Courts here.
      Good luck.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed