•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, please follow the thread started by antman regarding CSPA

Comment

President,
      I got more questions after reading antman 23, my sisters are in the Philippines, are they going to write individual letter to the US embassy there or do I have to include them on my letter here.Do you think I need to do this since I have a pending I140 petition? I need your opinion.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with multiple fillings as long as you pay the fee, the least they can do is consolidate all.

I think writing separately or not does not matter, as long as you indicate the claim number, but I would prefer one letter to save time for you and the IN.

iF YOUR PARENTS PApers are still in process in Manila, send your letter there, otherwise, send it the office of the Attorney General in U.S. copy furnished the National Visa Center.

Comment

Gidget

I agree with Boni

Comment

HI President/Boni,
            I'm going to send a letter to NVC and Department of Justice. I'll try to do this before my parents gets here. Do you know how long the response going to be??. I'll keep you posted. Anyone in the board who has the same predicament??

Comment

I do not want you to be discourage because this will be a long process. Like antman, your letter will be just acepted but the decision to your case will be decided somewhere in the bureaucracy. Your letter is a just a notice to the INS that once a upon a time there was a petition for your parents and that you were a beneficiary's derivative.

You have read the thread that antman had started and explain there that because the petition was filed under the old law your name was deleted from the peition when you age out(21 or older).

What I mean is that when you age out, the NVC will exclude you in the visa process but in the petition, your name is not deleted. With your letter the INS may make reference to the petition and make a decision based on your letter.

As I said, it is a long process because as long as the guidelines are not yet formulated, we will not know the outcome of our wait. As my lawyers friends said, the INS has a history of long delay in issuing guidelines.

You said your parents has already been issued thier visas. They have 6 months within which to depart. Some of the documents they will carry with them are to be given to the INS AT THE port of entry. By then all of your files will be located in the U.S. You are right in sending your letters to the NVC and the DOJ.

GOOD LUCK

Comment

I do not want you to be discourage because this will be a long process. Like antman, your letter will be just acepted but the decision to your case will be decided somewhere in the bureaucracy. Your letter is just a notice to the INS that once a upon a time there was a petition for your parents and that you were a beneficiary's derivative.

You have read the thread that antman had started and I explained there that because the petition was filed under the old law your name was deleted from the peition when you age out(21 or older).

What I mean is that when you age out, the NVC will exclude you in the visa process but in the petition, your name is not deleted. With your letter the INS may make reference to the petition and make a decision based on your letter.

As I said, it is a long process because as long as the guidelines are not yet formulated, we will not know the outcome of our wait. As my lawyers friends said, the INS has a history of long delay in issuing guidelines.

You said your parents has already been issued thier visas. They have 6 months within which to depart. Some of the documents they will carry with them are to be given to the INS AT THE port of entry. By then all of your files will be located in the U.S. You are right in sending your letters to the NVC and the DOJ.

GOOD LUCK

Comment

Thanks Boni, I'll keep you posted.

Comment

HI Boni or president,
                    I got one more question before I send my CSPA letter. YOu told me that I have to write to DOJ and NVC, Do I address my letter to DOJ in Washington DC or DOJ(INS) in our service center which is in Vermont?
                    response is appreciated. Happy Thanksgiving!!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation