Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derivitive Citizenship

I looking to migrate to the US. My father was born in Florida in 1920 (now deceased). I was not born in the US. I read that I can claim US citizen based on the fact that my father was a USC. There are some factors that has to be accounted for i.e. the length of time he lived there after his 14th birthday. Much of the information I need, I cannot find because it was so long ago.

What other avenue can I take.

I looking to migrate to the US. My father was born in Florida in 1920 (now deceased). I was not born in the US. I read that I can claim US citizen based on the fact that my father was a USC. There are some factors that has to be accounted for i.e. the length of time he lived there after his 14th birthday. Much of the information I need, I cannot find because it was so long ago.

What other avenue can I take.

Comment

If your father and mother are married,If your father or mother registered you in the US consulate in your place before the age of 21, if your father name is in your BC, you are a US citizen.

If you want more information go to www.ins.gov.com

Comment

Im sorry its www.ins.usdoj.gov
        go on frequently asked question.You will find what you need.Good Luck!!!

Comment

Chrissy, I remember you have the same problem, have you solve it yet,if so tell us how did you do it. kumusta ka na.

Comment

I was not registered at the US consulate. Can I still claim USC.

Comment

it depends on your birthdate which laws apply to your case. It takes some researching and all the information should be available on the internet. If you don't have access to that information, get an attorney, paralegal, or a professional researcher to find out what applies to your status as to being a U.S. citizen by birth or not... good luck!

Comment

not yet boni but were working for it, I am not also registered in the US consulate but the difference is my father is still alive and wre doing DNA this week,hope everything would be fine.

anyways about his problem ,Did your father try to petition you ,if yes you can file an appeal on that,and your BC also is very important if you have it,everything you have that can prove that his you father ...Good luck!!!!

Comment

I have all information needed to prove he is my father. This should help?

Comment

Does any one have any more answers or comments to this situation.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation