Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa issue for Chiropractor

I am a doctor of chiropractor licensed in the state of California. My wife and I are Canadians and I currently hold an L2 visa because my spouse is here on an intercompany transfer L1. She recently accepted a position with another company who will be sponsoring her under an H1B visa. Now my visa will change to an H4 which does not allow me to work. I am an independent contractor with an established patient base and I need to find a solution quickly. If I can not work then I run the risk of losing my license for patient abandonment. I looked online and found one instance where a chiropractor had come down on a TN visa, but there is no classification for a chiropractor so I do not know how this is possible? I also hold a Radiography Supervisor permit and my licensing permits me to use nutrition and physical therapy as part of my practice. However a physical therapist is a TN classification but not a doctor of chiropratic, this does not make sense. So what do I do to keep on working legally? Do I need to find a job with another chiropractor who will sponsor me a H1B and earn a lot less? Since I have an established practice can I not incorporate and have the corp. sponsor me under an H1B? I take it that I would need an american to be a shareholder of the corp.? I don't see how an E visa can help me since I do not have a lot of money to invest. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

PS: Who do you contact to add a TN visa classification? If L2 visas allows you to work why doesn't the H4?

I am a doctor of chiropractor licensed in the state of California. My wife and I are Canadians and I currently hold an L2 visa because my spouse is here on an intercompany transfer L1. She recently accepted a position with another company who will be sponsoring her under an H1B visa. Now my visa will change to an H4 which does not allow me to work. I am an independent contractor with an established patient base and I need to find a solution quickly. If I can not work then I run the risk of losing my license for patient abandonment. I looked online and found one instance where a chiropractor had come down on a TN visa, but there is no classification for a chiropractor so I do not know how this is possible? I also hold a Radiography Supervisor permit and my licensing permits me to use nutrition and physical therapy as part of my practice. However a physical therapist is a TN classification but not a doctor of chiropratic, this does not make sense. So what do I do to keep on working legally? Do I need to find a job with another chiropractor who will sponsor me a H1B and earn a lot less? Since I have an established practice can I not incorporate and have the corp. sponsor me under an H1B? I take it that I would need an american to be a shareholder of the corp.? I don't see how an E visa can help me since I do not have a lot of money to invest. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

PS: Who do you contact to add a TN visa classification? If L2 visas allows you to work why doesn't the H4?

Comment

A chiropractor is not a real doctor and Canada is not a real country so you are out of luck. You sound like a potential terrorist so I hope they kick you out.

Comment

You should meet with an immigration attorney to discuss your options; your situation is too complex for any advice here to be helpful. As soon as your wife's status changes to H-1B, your L-2 status will end, and your EAD will be invalid.

L-2 spouses are eligible for EADs because the law was changed to give them the right to work. No such provision was made for H-4 spouses, probably because there are so many people here on H-4 visas. The number of L-2 visa holders is much smaller, and allowing those individuals to work was probably seen as likely to have little impact on U.S. workers.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation