X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Completion OPT

Hi everyone
    I have a question that relates to I765 based on OPT. I filled the application with Nebraska and the notice date was 2nd of April. They quoted 60-75 days to process, as of today it has been 76 days and still no decision. I called BCIS and they said the application won't be processed till August. I am desperate for a job and money, but don't want to work illegally. I wonder if there is any way I can speed up the processing time? How about if I have a job offer?
    Please, comment on this, any help is greately appreciated

Hi everyone
    I have a question that relates to I765 based on OPT. I filled the application with Nebraska and the notice date was 2nd of April. They quoted 60-75 days to process, as of today it has been 76 days and still no decision. I called BCIS and they said the application won't be processed till August. I am desperate for a job and money, but don't want to work illegally. I wonder if there is any way I can speed up the processing time? How about if I have a job offer?
    Please, comment on this, any help is greately appreciated

Comment

It takes about 3-months to process the OPT EAD application. Some say it even takes 140 days nowadays. So you have to be patient.

After this 3-months or 140 days period, you can go to your local BCIS office and apply for an interim (i.e., temporary) EAD.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Comment

Thanks, Bugu, this is helpful
        Where can I find the info about this interim EAD (BCIS website?)?
        Does it mean they will give EAD right away after 140 days?

Thanks a lot

Comment

I've been successful in getting interim EAD's issued for clients after 90 days. You just go to the local district office and tell them that you need to apply for an emergency EAD. They will try to turn you away, so have a letter from your employer stating the urgent need to begin your employment. Also take a copy of the I-765 and the receipt notice.

info@myronmorales.com

Comment

Thank you Mmorales, I guess this is the only choice I have.
            I assume it is the same fee ($120), but how long did it take you to get your interim EAD? Is it a matter of days, or does it take longer?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation