Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 Question

I realize that there are processing times for I-130's, but for those who have filed the I-130 as I have for my husband, does one receive a letter prior to the actual processing times? and how long does it usually take? Should we be expecting a letter of some sort before the actual year or so it takes for an interview?

I realize that there are processing times for I-130's, but for those who have filed the I-130 as I have for my husband, does one receive a letter prior to the actual processing times? and how long does it usually take? Should we be expecting a letter of some sort before the actual year or so it takes for an interview?

Comment

If you are a US Citizen, you suppose to file it with I-485 together with others AOS forms too such as G325A, I-683 and I-864. Normally you will get notice for I-130 and I-485 in three weeks after your filed. The process times will be standard for all applicants, but for marriage to US citizen or immediate relatives it only took few months, normally less than a year to have the interview if you filed it correctly and depending on where you live too.

If you only submitted I-130, then they will process your I-130 alone like other non-immediate relatives applicants which took few years.

First they will send you notice saying that they received your application and process it, then few weeks after you will receive fingerprint notice. In about 3 months or so you might hear about your interview notice. As I said this depends on where you live. Most ppl get their interview notice less than 6 months after application.

Comment

Thank you for your response. I actually am a new member to the board. My original message was titled Asylum Pending & I-130. My husband's case is a little different, and that is why we can't file the 485 form just yet. My husband's political asylum case is pending right now. However, I filed an I-130 four months ago, and we are waiting for the I-130 to be approved before closing the political asylum case. This is what our lawyers have recommended we do. We have also been to a lawyer hear in our area who helped us file the I-130, and sent out a packet with our marriage certificate, pictures, birth certificates, etc.

From what I have researched online, we should be expecting a 2nd NOA (notice of Action) from Immigration. We have already received our first letter with our receipt number. I plan to research it more, but from what I have read so far people receive their 2nd NOA between 4-7 mo. after sending the I-130.

If anyone knows differently I would appreciate your help.

Thanks again.

Comment

Your 2nd NOA could be in as little as 4 months or as much as about two years (TSC) depending on what service center is handling the case. Considering that yours is not perfectly typically, it might take a squeak longer than usual, too.

Comment

Thank you so much for your response.
            Actually I am so happy that our I-130 didn't have to go to TSC. I have read stories about them being so backed up. It's terrible.

Actually, I originally filed the I-130 in Nebraska. That is where our receipt number came from. However, my husband's lawyer in New York who is handling his Political Asylum case recommended that we get a lawyer in our area - Michigan. When we went to her, she told us that we filed our I-130 at the wrong service center, and that we were supposed to file in Detroit. A couple weeks later she informed us that the Detroit had sent them to Missouri. So now we have an I-130 in Nebraska (our receipt number is from this service center), and one in Missouri.

Both lawyers, one in New York who is working on Political Asylum case sent paperwork that said we have filed I-130 and sent marriage certificate, etc. As did our lawyer in Michigan - she sent paperwork to Detroit (which then went to Missouri) stating that the paperwork needed to be looked at as soon as possible because of the Political Asylum case. So hopefully, we will receive our 2nd NOA soon, and that it won't be backed up.

I know that Immigration is usually backed up anyway, but I hope that we will get our 2nd NOA soon, as we have waited 4months right now. I hope that we will get ours anytime, as I have read others do.

Thanks so much for your help.

Comment

Hello Me2 did I messed up? please say no!!! I am USC and filed petitions to TSC(it sux!!)for my mother,brother and sister in dec.of 2001 but I only sent I-130's are you saying I should have sent I-485's,G325A's,I-683's and I-864's? so,my moms petition is not going to be process as an USC inmediate relative? is there anything I can do to corrected!!!!!!! please help!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hmmm...I'm not an expert, but I do believe that for 'immediate' relative (US Citizen) to petition their relatives, you suppose to file those forms too. This is because you will get the alien number without have to wait for the quota. Immediate relatives including spouse, parents, siblings and child. But I'm not 100% sure about this, you may check USCIS (BCIS) site on how actually this go. I was talking generally on marriage basis. In USCIS officical website they stated clearly how you can petition your parents / brothers / sisters. For clear info you also can call 1800 number. Its no harm to call and ask since you filed for almost 2 years! I believe you should file it with other forms too. I hope Sammy can help to clear about this ...our 'Si Fu'...in chinese means master.

Have a nice day.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed