Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green Card phases. Processing them in parallel?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Card phases. Processing them in parallel?

I just heard from my lawyer that it is now possible to apply for the second (i-140) and third phases (adj. of status) of the work based Green Card process in parallel. I just recently applied for the laber certification.
    Is that really possible? How come?

Many thanks,

Boni

I just heard from my lawyer that it is now possible to apply for the second (i-140) and third phases (adj. of status) of the work based Green Card process in parallel. I just recently applied for the laber certification.
    Is that really possible? How come?

Many thanks,

Boni

Comment

Hi Boni, This is what I understand in your post: Middle of last year, INS issued a new regulation, it was the so called "concurrent filing" which is you can file your I-130 with your I-485 and I-765(EAD) at the same time, unless you have an approved Labor certification. Way back, you have to wait for the approval of I-130 before you can file for permanent residency or adjustment of status(I-140). Hope this answers your question.

Comment

Yes,it is true. You can (and should) file I-140 and I-485 along with EAD and AP at the same time upon approval of LC. However, don't be under impression, that it is going to be parallel processing. INS will make a decision on I-140 first, and only then adjudicate I-485. But because it will be done by the same INS officer, it will still be faster than separate filings.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation