Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOS Interview

I have recently come across this Discussion Forum and I must say it is extremely helpful to me and the like. I must also thank individuals who mostly provide answers to questions that we post and indeed we reap the benefit. I am so grateful to you all. I wish I had known about this much earlier.
    I am a LULAC/LIFE member. I first got my EAD in 1989 and kept renewing until 97. In 98 it was revoked and later in 2001 INS reissued my EAD. I then applied for AOS under the LIFE Act along with a few notarized affidavits supporting my stay in the US during the required period (1982 – 1988). I am facing AOS interview in next 10 days. I am married and have an 8 year old daughter (USC). My wife is also another LULAC/LIFE member and her interview is at the end of this month. I have been paying taxes since 1989. I am worried about the outcome of this interview! Can somebody shed some light on this as to the pros and cons of this interview and what are my options? Please!!!!

I have recently come across this Discussion Forum and I must say it is extremely helpful to me and the like. I must also thank individuals who mostly provide answers to questions that we post and indeed we reap the benefit. I am so grateful to you all. I wish I had known about this much earlier.
    I am a LULAC/LIFE member. I first got my EAD in 1989 and kept renewing until 97. In 98 it was revoked and later in 2001 INS reissued my EAD. I then applied for AOS under the LIFE Act along with a few notarized affidavits supporting my stay in the US during the required period (1982 – 1988). I am facing AOS interview in next 10 days. I am married and have an 8 year old daughter (USC). My wife is also another LULAC/LIFE member and her interview is at the end of this month. I have been paying taxes since 1989. I am worried about the outcome of this interview! Can somebody shed some light on this as to the pros and cons of this interview and what are my options? Please!!!!

Comment

You should study your papers thoroughly. Because they will ask you so many questions about your stay in the United States. They may ask you some general questions about certain locations and how to reach there or like local bus fair that was prevailing at different times etc.
      Since you have 8 year old USC child and paying taxes, so should not have any problem. If something will ever go wrong then you can get relief on behalf of your USC child and Taxes.
      Good luck.

Comment

Umesh:

I'm not sure what kind of releif you can get if you have a USC child and paying taxes. Can you please elaborate?
        Regards.

Comment

To AZ:
          This is a last resort for aliens to apply for Cancellation of Deportation on the basis of hardship to USC/LPR spouse or child. If a person has USC/LPR spouse or child and had been living here for 10 years and paying taxes, the person is usually allowed this relief and gets GC.
          Good luck.

Comment

Umesh:

Thanks for the clarification.
            Best wishes.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms