•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    L-1 Info. from:

http://www.visa-us.com/intranl1.htm

You qualify for an L-1 visa if you have been employed outside the U.S. as a manager, executive or person with specialized knowledge for at least one out of the past three years, and you are transferred to the U.S. to be employed in a similar position. The U.S. company to which you are transferring must be a branch, subsidiary, affiliate or joint venture partner of your non-U.S. employer. The non-U.S. company must remain in operation while you have the L-1 visa. When we use the term non-U.S. company we mean only that it is physically located outside the U.S. Such a company may well be a foreign division of an American-based business or it may have originated in a country outside the U.S. Either one fits our definition of non-U.S. company.

To get an L-1 visa, it is not necessary that either your non-U.S. or prospective U.S. employer be operating in a particular business structure. Many legal forms of doing business are acceptable, including, but not restricted to, corporations, limited corporations, partnerships, joint ventures and sole proprietorships.

Also a good website for more information on L-1.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi,

This is a student visa. Check www.INS.gov for starters as it tells about all the visas and has all the forms and details you need to file for the visa.

Good Luck,
    Steve

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I did mean L-1 when I wrote F-1.

One Heart

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I hope you have easy access to a computer because I am referring you to this website as listed below(Just copy and paste):

http://www.workpermit.com/us/employer_l-1.htm

This has a very full and easy to read explanation about F-1's.

Good Luck and I hope you find it helpful.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    does anyone know what an L-1 Visa is for. My wife(from Asia) and I have been married for over a year here in america. We would like to bring her sister to Nursing School here in usa.? Was told this is the visa to check??

Any suggestions

thank you and God Bless

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic L-1 Vias ?

L-1 Vias ?

does anyone know what an L-1 Visa is for. My wife(from Asia) and I have been married for over a year here in america. We would like to bring her sister to Nursing School here in usa.? Was told this is the visa to check??

Any suggestions

thank you and God Bless
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed