•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Umesh Passi:

Thank you for your reply.

First, the form you mentioned is one of those that my sister will receive, correct?

Second, the issuing institution simply made an error in the birth certificate and my parents failed to correct this for some reason. For her entire life, she had been using the correct spelling of her last name (school records, medical, etc) even her petition shows the correct last name. Her birth certificate was mispelled. So my question is, can she still write the other name (mispelled) even if it only shows in her birth certificate and not in any other documents? Does this mean she does not have to officially change her name to the correct spelling?

Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• Umesh Passi
    replied
    To Me2:
    In case Interviewing officer asks you about this then you can explain, otherwise there should be no problem in your case.
    Good luck.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Why I never thought about that before Umesh. Gesshhh, I have the same problem too, I mean in my country we don't have middle name, but we have like BIN for men and BINTI or BTE for women (to state the gender) for women the sometimes they use shortform of BTE which has same meaning of BINTI. Only my birth cert use the BTE and others use BINTI. Do you think this will be a problem to me Umesh? Since I already submitted all my forms. I put in the blank space my maiden name since I used my husband sir name for all application forms.

Leave a comment:

• Umesh Passi
    replied
    In those papers there is one column which states "have you used any other name". In that column your sister can fill name which is misspelled. Then everything will be covered and she will not have any other problem.
    Good luck.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    You have to have an affidevit
    and then Birth certificate from authority
    then transletion if requiered.
    this is processes.
    Also let us know what is the differance and who made the mistek .
    If your birth certificate last name is same and no change then you can inform to INS directly.
    Thanks
    I am not a lawyer

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hello everyone.

My sister was filing the documents needed for her immigration in US, but there's one problem. Her petition and legal name was spelled out differently from what was in her birth certificate. Unfortunately, her last name on the birth certificate was mispelled with one letter. I don't know and am not sure how to advise her on this matter. One friend of mine told me that my sister could just get an affidavit indicating that both names are only one person and not worry about officially correcting her name because this will take 5-6 months accdg to a lawyer my sister consulted. She only have a few months before she gets here. We already filed the form i-864 and I believe that the next will be her appt with the consul, etc. Any thoughts about this? Would an affidavit suffice or does she really need to correct her name? I hear so many different responses to this so if there are any of you had the same experience please advise. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Birth Certificate

Birth Certificate

Hello everyone.

My sister was filing the documents needed for her immigration in US, but there's one problem. Her petition and legal name was spelled out differently from what was in her birth certificate. Unfortunately, her last name on the birth certificate was mispelled with one letter. I don't know and am not sure how to advise her on this matter. One friend of mine told me that my sister could just get an affidavit indicating that both names are only one person and not worry about officially correcting her name because this will take 5-6 months accdg to a lawyer my sister consulted. She only have a few months before she gets here. We already filed the form i-864 and I believe that the next will be her appt with the consul, etc. Any thoughts about this? Would an affidavit suffice or does she really need to correct her name? I hear so many different responses to this so if there are any of you had the same experience please advise. Thank you.
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney