Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Mohan

Mohan, I appeared before immigration judge last week (for my 6th hearing!) and it went well, she continued the case for another 140 days and asked the local INS to request the I-130 for relocation from Service Center and schedule an interview. She also told my attorney that we would apply for AOS before her, and if the I-130 would be approved by next hearing, I'll get the working permit the same day...

Thanks for your messages and support...

Take Care & God Bless...

Mohan, I appeared before immigration judge last week (for my 6th hearing!) and it went well, she continued the case for another 140 days and asked the local INS to request the I-130 for relocation from Service Center and schedule an interview. She also told my attorney that we would apply for AOS before her, and if the I-130 would be approved by next hearing, I'll get the working permit the same day...

Thanks for your messages and support...

Take Care & God Bless...

Comment

Bushmaster,

We will keep on praying on your case, success stories serve inspiration to others.

God bless.

Comment

Thank You "A Friend" :-) All went well by God's grace and your endless prayers, thoughts...

A big Thank You...

I pray for everybody in here who have these "giant problems" in their lives, oneday they will see the light at the end of tunnel, too...

Comment

Congratulation , And Thank you for the news. Keep me posted.
          Mohan

Comment

My advise is to file I-485 right away. You should not wait for the I-130 to be approved. Sooner the better. Of course it will be in the front of the same judge but don't wait for 140 days. just apply via mail. and you will have some outcome on your next appointment and your I-130 will be approved at the same time , there is a chance to get stamped.
            good luck.

Comment

Mohan, thanks for the reply... The judge told my attorney how he is going to file the I-485 and supporting documents, I think things are rather different in MN than NJ... But as you know the proceedings are not terminated yet...

Well, most interesting thing was the INS attorney's response to the judge when she asked about how the I-130 was coming along... He couldn't say anything, he mumbled their District Office requested the I-130 from Nebraska SC in April... and he was the one to ask the judge for a continuance... Weird... You expect INS attorneys push on the judges to remove people, but this one asked a continuance :-)

Comment

Way to go, Bushmaster!!! Oh, I'm so happy for you. You deserve a break this time but I have a feeling they gonna give it to you. Hey, Is it true that MN has liberal judges and easier to deal with than anywhere in the US? I heard Wellstone is a fighter, he might be a big help too, what do you think.

Comment

Hello Unlucky,

I really don't know about Sen. Wellstone... I am not from Minnesota... In my state, there are 2 "democrat" senators and they "kindly" refused to help us when our struggle started. But luckily, our only Republican state representative offered us help with the INS. I hope he will be elected for the Senate this November... I appreciate everything his office has done so far...

I appeared before Judge Dogin in New Jersey, and Judge Olmanson in Minnesota... They are both nice people, they treat people justly...

Good Luck...

Comment

its really great. I think IJ made a very wise decision in your case to keep case alive, which will give you the opportunity to adjust the status in front of same judge and your plus point .... INS attorney did not object
                    The filing may be different in MN but process is same if the IJ said to be file on next hearing the let it be, but if not then ask your attorney to file ASAP. If the IJ have studied the file B4 the hearing then the chances are great for early approval otherwise it will be under the pile of truck load files.. waiting time is too long.
                    I had judge William J strasser in NJ. and my case is still there , I am moved to CAli4nia 2years back.

Comment

I'm from Mn coming from NJ too.I know we have 2 democrat senators and was looking at their accomplishments. It seems to me they are not really interested with immigration problems.If you're asking a Republican congressman so much the better. My husband is a full blooded Republican, of course coming from the military. May I know his name? My husband wants to write all of them to ease down immigration especially to those married to USC.
                      I am very happy that you can really see a light out there.Hope you get your AOS soon. I'll pray for you.

Comment

Mohan, now you scared me man... I remember clearly, the IJ told my attorney that he will be filing the I-485 before the IJ only after the I-130 approval. I'll be getting the working authorization the same day though... So how long is the wait when the AOS is pending with the IJ? Don't tell me more than 6 months man!!!... I mean, St. Paul MN District Office timeline is 122-180 days for AOS, why would I file before the judge if it is longer than that? Is it possible to file a "courtesy" motion to ask the IJ to review the AOS on an expedited basis? Basically I want to catch the AirForce limit age... That is scarry news... I am hoping to get my plastic conditional GC before I am 27 to be able to join the AirForce. And there is one more thing, when the INS attorney mumbled that they requested the I-130 for relocation from Nebraska and it never happened, don't you think that our I-130 could have been LOST? Uh man, I again freaked out now... :-( Where are you appearing before the IJ in NJ? Newark or Elizabeth? I was in Newark...

Unlucky, first of all, why unlucky? you should change your nickname in my opinion, there is nothing as "luck", All Things are possible thru and only with GOD...Amen! If I am going to be succesful during our immigration ordeal, it's again by God's grace...

Our State Rep.'s name is John Thune. Godspeed him in these elections, he is being attacked a lot though...

Thank You for your prayers, Also remember to pray for this great country and its healing...

Comment

Thank you for keeping us posted bushmaster...
                          it's good to hear that your case is going into the right direction
                          I just have a question here if you can help please..what do you by 6th hearing ? did you have to see an IJ 6 times ???????????
                          I might be going through the same thing...and my lawyer said if the IJ denied your case I will then have one last chance to appeal (BIA )and this is the end of it..what about the 9th court ??
                          my lawyer said that I do not qualify since my case involves a waiver for a hardship I-601..
                          anyone can confirm that ??
                          I am hesitating between filing again for AOS and asking to appear before an IJ...
                          The INS has not done anything about it since they denied my waiver...so I need to act here but hard to take the right decision even with the help of a lawyer...
                          I am in California..anyone know anything about judges here ??
                          thank you so much for your help...
                          NB : I am married to a USC ..have 2 USC... been here for 5 years...my problem is misrepresentation...did not mention that my husband is a usc when I came here to join him...
                          that is my crime

Comment

Sarah,

Are you in SF or LA? Can you share the timeline of your waiver i-601? Did they call you for interview, how were you notified?

Thanks in advance and God bless.

Comment

Before I start I wish you well and hope that your case will go to right direction too...

I appeared 6 times yes, actually it is 7 times but one of them was postponed before its date...

Anyway, it is kind of a long story, I appeared first time last october for a bond hearing, the IJ in NJ intended to reduce the crazy bail and release me but as you know INS attorneys always have to object to something, they asked him to review the case, one week later, they agreed, I was out... Then I appeared for a master hearing, where the INS attorney told the IJ I was released by a mistake, I shouldn't have been released, there was another investigation going on which was skipped last bond hearing... IJ put the case off twice till governtment finished their investigation. Then he changed the venue to MN where I'd be applying for my greencard. I appeared in MN, first time the IJ was not ready for the case, she just put it off 2 months, and a week ago I appeared again, this time she knew what she was going to do and that's all about it... I hope next one in February will be the LAST hearing!

Since I have no US government ID, I had to take the bus down to NJ several times... It is quite costly when your immigration court is not in town...

Sarah, I don't think BIA's order is final, you should be able to appeal to that in federal courts too... Since I don't have much information about that, I can't be that helpful, hope things will get better for you...

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation