X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regional Service Center/District Office

Hi!
    Can somebdy explain to me what exactly is an INS Regional Service Center processing and what exactly is an INS District Office processing?
    Is it not I-485 the form for "adjustement of status", which you apply at the Service Center? Why are there some processing times listed at District Office under "Adjustement of status (filling until approval)"?
    Thank you.
    Bic

Hi!
    Can somebdy explain to me what exactly is an INS Regional Service Center processing and what exactly is an INS District Office processing?
    Is it not I-485 the form for "adjustement of status", which you apply at the Service Center? Why are there some processing times listed at District Office under "Adjustement of status (filling until approval)"?
    Thank you.
    Bic

Comment

The INS regional center processes I-485 for laber certification based aplications. They are very fast.

The district office processes family based etc. I-485 and delay as long as possible. There are special wait times for certain nationalities, so you are not always 'current' ie, even if you have waited an eternity for them to process your application, if you are not current, wait even longer.

Comment

Thanks.
        So, when I apply for I-485 employment based I shall look for processing times only at the Regional Service Center, right?

In some states, it is faster. But would you call 1 year fast?

Thank you for the information
        Good luck!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs