Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Family reunion...Its a hopeless sitution--for how long will we all remain seperated

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family reunion...Its a hopeless sitution--for how long will we all remain seperated

My uncle had filed petition for my father in 1986 in which my mother and we both brother's were included.But by the time the petition became current in 1999 ,I crossed 21 years of age,as a result i could not accompany my parents and my yonger brother,who managed to sneak in because he was 20.Then my parents filed a petition for me in f2b category in 1999 after taking green card.Now they cant stay in usa as i am all alone here in india.So every year they have to go to USA to get the reentry and visa stamped,so as to keep the green card alive.Its undue problems for all of us plus the financial burden for bearing the cost of travelling to usa every 1-2 years.

Now I cant even get married as my f2b petiton becomes null and void if i marry.

God or INS help me please.!!!!!!

My uncle had filed petition for my father in 1986 in which my mother and we both brother's were included.But by the time the petition became current in 1999 ,I crossed 21 years of age,as a result i could not accompany my parents and my yonger brother,who managed to sneak in because he was 20.Then my parents filed a petition for me in f2b category in 1999 after taking green card.Now they cant stay in usa as i am all alone here in india.So every year they have to go to USA to get the reentry and visa stamped,so as to keep the green card alive.Its undue problems for all of us plus the financial burden for bearing the cost of travelling to usa every 1-2 years.

Now I cant even get married as my f2b petiton becomes null and void if i marry.

God or INS help me please.!!!!!!

Comment

Your over 21. Get on with your life and quit waiting for INS.

Comment

We are also starting to get desperate. My son is alone in the Philippines but the other day he told me " mami, maybe I'll open a business here and forget about migrating.
        Maybe the american dream is not that great after all.

Good luck.

Comment

How long is enough? I don't know. How much to give up? I don't know. How important is it? I don't know. Why you? I don't know. All I know is when you hit the wall, you'll feel something. What will you do then? I don't know.

Comment

Everyone ought to just come over on a visitor visa and overstay. That is the way the laws work here in the US., and is really the only way to keep families intact. It rewards illegals but punishes people who are trying to do it the legal way.. The way both political parties are wanting the hispanic and immigrant vote, I wouldn't be surprised if there is soon a "mass" adjustment of status opportunity, where you can pay a fine and become legal from a certain date to a certain date..

nothing pisses you off more, than trying to it the legal way by petitioning (like parents and two sisters), and then hearing about places like California, etc, allowing in-state- tuition, driver licenses, etc to immigrants/illegals.. it's sickening...

Comment

Tired - you seem to have some issues and have been pretty closed minded on some other posts... Obviously you are not seperated from loved ones...

Postman18 - I also share in your frustration. The INS processes sure push people away from doing things legally and by the book. I have a situation of my own which may cause me to become out of status in a couple of months but I refuse to break the law or manipulate my way around the situation and will leave this country if necessary. But I do see the millions (yes - millions) of illegals in this country taking advantage of the INS's inability to deal with immigration effectively and it makes me angry. The actions of these people make it nearly impossible for those of us who 'play by the rules'...

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation