Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIVERSITY VISA

I HAVE BEEN IN DEPORTATION FOR QUITE A WHILE. AT ONE TIME, I WAS GRANTED VOLUNTARY DEPORTATION BY MY JUDGE. I CHANGED MY MIND LATER ON NOT TO LEAVE VOLUNTARILY, BUT TO CONTINUE FIGHTING MY CASE. MY APPEAL TO REOPEN WAS DENIED BECAUSE I FAIL TO MEET THE DEADLINE TO FILE MY APPEAL. I THEN APPEALED TO THE BIA, WHICH IS PENDING. NOW I WON THE VISA LOTTERY, AND I WANT TO ADJUST MY STATUS HERE IN THE US. AM I QUALIFIED TO ADJUST MY STATUS HERE IN THE US. DO I FALL INTO THE CATEGORY OF ACTIVE PROCEEDING? PLEASE ADVISE.

I HAVE BEEN IN DEPORTATION FOR QUITE A WHILE. AT ONE TIME, I WAS GRANTED VOLUNTARY DEPORTATION BY MY JUDGE. I CHANGED MY MIND LATER ON NOT TO LEAVE VOLUNTARILY, BUT TO CONTINUE FIGHTING MY CASE. MY APPEAL TO REOPEN WAS DENIED BECAUSE I FAIL TO MEET THE DEADLINE TO FILE MY APPEAL. I THEN APPEALED TO THE BIA, WHICH IS PENDING. NOW I WON THE VISA LOTTERY, AND I WANT TO ADJUST MY STATUS HERE IN THE US. AM I QUALIFIED TO ADJUST MY STATUS HERE IN THE US. DO I FALL INTO THE CATEGORY OF ACTIVE PROCEEDING? PLEASE ADVISE.

Comment

are u really having fun by making other people's life miserable? hey dude, if you want to be respected learn how to respect other people and treat them equally...i really do pray that someday you will learn a lesson by doing this, God will teach you.

Comment

seek for a lawyer...--->> Mr.Siskind is the best!
        visalaw.com

Good Luck and God be with you!

Comment

sorry JJ but I don't think you will qualify...
          I have a cousin..he was illegal here.Then he won
          at the lottery but the INS denied him his green
          card because he was illegal.
          Well check with a good lawyer..who knows..
          good luck...
          why were you under deportation process ??
          I am too because I overstayed my visa...and I am
          also married to USC..
          Thank you for sharing yr experience

Comment

actually, tb, "immigration" is a NOUN for "immigrate." Idiot.

Comment

With all the respect JJ, please accept my apology on behalf of TB from me since tb is acting like fool, I'm sure he is a good person pretending to be funny by hurting other people's feeling, but just don't take it personal b/c he doesn't know what you're going through, if he does, he won't be kidding and cursing like that.

About your case, I'm sure there is something you can work out with an immigration attorney. just keep your hope up, and I hope someone had a positive news for you. Good luck.

Comment

I want thank Peace, Guest, Sophia, and Citizen Femme for all your positive feed backs. I consulted with a non-profit immigration organization today, and they told me that the my judge has reopen my case for me to adjust my status. My judge has already denied me a chance to reopen. What are my chances again? Thanks.

Comment

Sophia,
                  I understand that you have overstayed your visa, but bow come that you're married to a U.S. citizen and you're still being deported???
                  I thought if you're married you can adjust your status regardless of having overstayed your visa?!?
                  Thanks.

Comment

reading here your bullshit, I'm thinking how the God made big mistake to let u born in the States or enter to the States as immigrant!
                    For most of peolpe around the World, America is a place where they can reach really freedom, realize themselves. And so pity that so stupid guy as u, living there... - SO U R THE GOD'S MISTAKE. U better born in russian chechnya and be beside to the terrorists - there your real place.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation