Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The date of birth for my son is wrong in I-94

I am on H1B and my family is on H4. Recently I got papers for visa extension. I got the visa also stammped. After some time I relizedthat date of birth of my son is wrong on I-94 card. What should I do?
    is it very serious?

thanks
    kd

I am on H1B and my family is on H4. Recently I got papers for visa extension. I got the visa also stammped. After some time I relizedthat date of birth of my son is wrong on I-94 card. What should I do?
    is it very serious?

thanks
    kd

Comment

I have the same problem.......Same same same thing.
      The day i received i received my visa actually was the same day i flew to this country .And i was let me say happy so i didnt even look at my visa but here's the thing ..Whoever type the visa made a mistake on my year of birth ..Instead of 1976 he typed 1969 and so when i reached new york they asked us to fill out the I94 in the plane so while looking in my passport i realized that there was an error a mistake in my visa .Too late they were nothing i could do and since i was coming from a french speaking country i tried to explain it to the us custom officer who received me and he did not understand me and i didnt understand him either .So i said to myself whatever...Okay now im stuck with 1969 ..But couple months ago i asked a lawyer and he said in fact its no problem if i have a birth certificate plus my passport showing my real year of birth its no big deal and that should do it.But i tell you what i have my drivers licence with 1969 and that pisses me off.
      But im about adjusting my status so i sent in all my papers plus proof of my age which is my birth certificate plus my passport .And i havent had no problem so ..remember just get the proof and you should be okay proving that its an age mistake no big deal okay.
      Good luck and i hope you take care of that soon.
      Can you believe this when i first came i could not say neither write no word in english today see .....(lol) 5 years back i was all french now im both ..i like that (smiles)
      Okay bye and good luck to u

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed