X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QUESTIONS ABOUT THE K-1 INTERVIEW

Hello,

I would like to know if anybody can tell me what kind of questions I would be asked during the interview to get the K-1 visa and does my b/f needs to be with me?

Thank you

Hello,

I would like to know if anybody can tell me what kind of questions I would be asked during the interview to get the K-1 visa and does my b/f needs to be with me?

Thank you

Comment

Audrey,

The interview is held at the US Embassy abroad and it's done only to the foreigner applying for the fiance visa. The US citizen can be present (I amagine it is a plus) but it is not necessary.

Questions are very easy. How and when do you meet? How many times you guys have travel to each other's countries? What do you do for living (both of you)? When do you plan to get married? Any arrangements? That was it, at least in my interview. As long as you bring enogh proof of a relationship and havent had any problems with the law, everything is fine.

Comment

Audrey,

Although the interview will be held at US embassy abroad,and may not require citizen to be present, I do recommend you to attend the interview. Most foreigner are intimidated by the consular officer holding the interview and the citizen support can ease the process.

Comment

Eudy is right, the presence of your fiance may be helpful. When my mother and her fiance at the time when to her K-1 interview, the consular couldn't understand something about his income/tax returns, and my stepfather explained it to him. of course, at that time my mother didn't know anything about American tax returns and wouldn't have been able to say anything about it. However, there were women who came there without their fiances and all went well, so it depends. Good luck!

Comment

Audrey,
            Can you tell me which embassy is your fiance going to have the interview.
            Thanks,
            Vpatel

Comment

Some embassies will not allow the USC to enter the embassy and be with the foreigner during interview (MUMBAI)

Comment

Right on Julie they don't allow the foreign fiance to be present at the interview. In fact they acted upset at the fact that I was in the country.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation