X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Hi Nervous;
    I read your message && thanx. Listen, that is wonderful news that u r getting married. If u love that man, then have the blessing of your family and just do it. Don't be perturbed of what you read on this forum. We all are in different scenario. If you entered the U.S. legally and your visa expired and want to get married, then it is your U.S. spouse's right to petition 4 u && 2 legalize the situation. During the interview keep one thing in mind. BE HONNEST AND DON'T LIE, answer what you have been asked nothing less, nothing more. Be straight with the interviewer. If your marriage is bona-fide, that shouldd be a breeze. As for the kestions, they vary. You could have just one or 2 kestions and be done w/ the interview, or it could last for a very long time. Most interviewers are trained to read you and your body language the first minutes. And good luck.
    NB: *) Are we invited for your wedding?
    *) Don't forget my slice of the cake, please
    God bless u,

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Brownfox is right, as long as you filled up the application correctly and completely with all the supporting documents, INS will be happy about it.

My husband is a USC and he filed the i-130 and i-485 together but if your husband is a LPR, the i-130 needs to get approved first prior to i-485.
    Hope this helps. Get some opinion from a lawyer too!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    If you're married to a USC all your minor problems with INS will be forgiven. If you came here legally and your only problem was overstaying then don't worry about that, it will be forgiven.When you start filing your papers, the first thing for you to do is submit I-130, your husband is your sponsor.Wait for this to be approved because you can't adjust your status without this.When you get your approval you will receive a packet of forms to be filled out and one of these forms is the Adjustment of status (AOS) I-485.Fill these forms out and send them to the INS and wait for your interview.BTW, you can apply for I-765 that's a work permit so you can work while your papers are being processed.
    When you get a notice for interview (AOS) make sure you appear on time with your husband together with proper docs, photos, letters, etc. to prove that yours is really a bonafide marriage. It depends on any IO what questions to ask. Some are very nice, professional, down to earth but some are very impatient, authoritarian,very nosy and treat you like you had already committed a crime.Just pray you get a good one. But you know, don't get nervous because they will feel it and they will think that you guys are hiding something.If marriage is real, there's really nothing to be afraid of. You maybe hearing a lot of bad things about INS, if your papers are properly filed and you did not commit any serious misconduct INS are humans too. They are just doing their job, they have some guidelines to follow.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    for gordo

hi,

i am sorry to hear that its taking so long for you gordo, it can be tough i hear. i have a question or two for you if you dont mind. i am out of status, have been for over a year, early next year i am to marry the man of my dreams, we have been seeing each other for almost a year and plan to marry soon, we are a little nervous though about the interviews with the INS, could you shed some light as to what kind of questions they will ask us, we love each other, and plan on having children together some day and i would hate to be apart from him so we really dont want anything to go wrong, any help or advice you could give us would be appreciated. thanks in advance

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic for gordo

for gordo

for gordo

hi,

i am sorry to hear that its taking so long for you gordo, it can be tough i hear. i have a question or two for you if you dont mind. i am out of status, have been for over a year, early next year i am to marry the man of my dreams, we have been seeing each other for almost a year and plan to marry soon, we are a little nervous though about the interviews with the INS, could you shed some light as to what kind of questions they will ask us, we love each other, and plan on having children together some day and i would hate to be apart from him so we really dont want anything to go wrong, any help or advice you could give us would be appreciated. thanks in advance
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney