Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help plz regarding call-in registration.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help plz regarding call-in registration.

Hi every one,
    I need some information regarding my status in USA.
    I got extension on B2 Visa till 15 october 2002. But before in october 2002 i was hired by an american company and they filed my H1-b with INS on october 4 2002 before the extension expired.
    Now i m waiting for the decision from INS and my questions are
    *** AM i legal or Out of status while waiting for the INS decision ,also after getting appproval and if i dont leave country then is every thing will be all set for me or i have to leave to get it stamped again from my country to get in USA again?

*****Is there any affect on the call-in registration because of my current stay mentioned above?

I really appreciate ur comments and will be gratefull to u.

Hi every one,
    I need some information regarding my status in USA.
    I got extension on B2 Visa till 15 october 2002. But before in october 2002 i was hired by an american company and they filed my H1-b with INS on october 4 2002 before the extension expired.
    Now i m waiting for the decision from INS and my questions are
    *** AM i legal or Out of status while waiting for the INS decision ,also after getting appproval and if i dont leave country then is every thing will be all set for me or i have to leave to get it stamped again from my country to get in USA again?

*****Is there any affect on the call-in registration because of my current stay mentioned above?

I really appreciate ur comments and will be gratefull to u.

Comment

If you came to US and has been inspected by immigration officer then you will have to go to register. In your case, you came to USA on a B2 (Visitor) visa and was inspected by an officer at the port of entry then you will have to register. Please tell us what forms have you filed after getting hired by the company that you work for? Have you filed for adjustment of status (I-485)?

Comment

I came here in 2001 on business visa and got 2 times extensions from ins till 15 october 2002 and luckily got an employer who filed my pettition for h1b, i think form 129 on 4 october 2002 with an option clicked that change or ammend status of mine.so what u say now ?

Comment

I don't know if you are out of status or not, but I can tell you that you won't have to get an H1 visa stamped on your passport as long as you stay within the US and Canada. You can travel to canada on your aproval notice. But keep your white I-94 card with you even if it is expired. If you go outside the continental US and Canada, then you'll need a visa stamped on your passport to be allowed back in to the US.

Comment

are u sure i can go to canada with this notice in hand while waiting for approval and can come back to US?
            is there any site i can check for this ?
            i really appreciate ur concern Fari.

Comment

is there any one who can tell me in detail about my all questions mentioned in my first post ?i will apppreciate this.
              thanx

Comment

is there any one who can help me out regarding my questions in my first post?

Comment

filing for I-129 preserves your lawful stay in the US if your i-94 have already expired. You must keep documentation re your filing. Did you get a receipt for this file that says application received on Oct 4 2002 or you sent this thru fedex and on Oct 4 2002?

Comment

please do not leave the US while waiting for approval of your 129. If you leave while your i-94 is expired, you will be banned from next entry (3 years). if you get approved you will have new i-94 with new expiration date ususally 2-3 years from date of approval. if you are denied you should leave the US asap unless you have any current filig waiting results. remeber keep the documentation of what you are doing to build case over INS.

Comment

Thanx for replying
                      yeah INS Issued me reciept dated 4 october 2002 and my extension was expired on 15 october 2002.

Comment

Thanx for replying man .

Comment

Thanx man for replying and sorry for the spelling mistake in the earlier post.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation