Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible to renew re-entry permit?

I have a GC and prior to leaving the US to join my husband (US citizen) on his overseas assignment I applied and got a re-entry permit w/c expires May 2003. Since leaving, I have been back to the US several times but the last was July 2002 (more than 180 days ago). Is it possible to renew my re-entry permit ? If so, do I have to go the US to do it? On another note, if I do not go to the US prior to my re-entry permit expiration, can I still enter the US with my GC or do I need special documentation? Thanks!

I have a GC and prior to leaving the US to join my husband (US citizen) on his overseas assignment I applied and got a re-entry permit w/c expires May 2003. Since leaving, I have been back to the US several times but the last was July 2002 (more than 180 days ago). Is it possible to renew my re-entry permit ? If so, do I have to go the US to do it? On another note, if I do not go to the US prior to my re-entry permit expiration, can I still enter the US with my GC or do I need special documentation? Thanks!

Comment

may i ask you a question, i am in a similar situation - i became a LPR in 2001 and will accompany my husband on an assignment overseas for a couple of years. i have applied for a reentry permit but plan to come back every six months so i won't break the continuance requirement for citizenship. When you come back to the US, you just have to show you permit with your PR card right? do they give you a hard time for being gone a long time? so the permit serves as a "passport" which allows you to come into the U.S. right? I think I read some posts saying that they take the permit away when you first reenter and it got me worried. please give me some advice, thanks alot

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation