Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H-1B Visa Stamp in Canada. Requesting some advice.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-1B Visa Stamp in Canada. Requesting some advice.

Hello... I entered the US with an F-1 visa and after graduation I am working with an H-1B. Throughout my stay I was never out of status.

I am planning a 3/4 week visit to my home country and therefore I need an H-1B visa stamp to re-enter the US. I heard that it is currently difficult to get the visa stamp in Canada. Is this true ? Also, if I am refused in Canada, I will have to re-apply in my home country. Time is very important as I may not get a vacation more than 3/4 weeks.

If someone could post some information/advice on this it would be very helpful for me. If anyone recently applied in Canada for H-1B visa stamp, I would really appreciate it if you could post your experience.

Thank you.

Hello... I entered the US with an F-1 visa and after graduation I am working with an H-1B. Throughout my stay I was never out of status.

I am planning a 3/4 week visit to my home country and therefore I need an H-1B visa stamp to re-enter the US. I heard that it is currently difficult to get the visa stamp in Canada. Is this true ? Also, if I am refused in Canada, I will have to re-apply in my home country. Time is very important as I may not get a vacation more than 3/4 weeks.

If someone could post some information/advice on this it would be very helpful for me. If anyone recently applied in Canada for H-1B visa stamp, I would really appreciate it if you could post your experience.

Thank you.

Comment

Yes, I hear the same things. I have an H1B status as well and don't dare to go to Canada. It is true that they may send you to your home country to get the stamp.Other then that it is not clear how long will it take you to do that from over there...

Comment

I am also in the same boat. Any information regarding this matter will be appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

After 9/11, US Consulates overseas increased security checks for all kinds of visas. Even B1/B2 are being screened more than ever. If you go to Canada to get your H-1B stamped they may send you to your home country due to the large number of people who are not Canadian citizens, applying for the H-1B stamp there. If you go to your home country they may think you can wait as long as they want since you are in your home country. Best thing is to call the US Consulate in your country and ask them how long it can take for them to stamp the H-1B on your passport. Take a letter from your company addressed to the American Consulate in your country saying you must be in the US by a certain date. It may also help to speed things up if you can go to another country different from Canada, Mexico or your home country. But try to call them first, set up an appointment and ask because there is always a chance for the unexpected.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation