Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• green card lottery

My brother got a green card lottery last september. I just wonder how long is it the wait for the interview at the embassy where he is coming from. Is there anyway he can find out when is his interview because it's been 8 months already since he replied. Is there anybody have an experience on this and can share??? Thank you for any input

My brother got a green card lottery last september. I just wonder how long is it the wait for the interview at the embassy where he is coming from. Is there anyway he can find out when is his interview because it's been 8 months already since he replied. Is there anybody have an experience on this and can share??? Thank you for any input

Comment

What country your brother from?

Comment

Link to www.travel.state.gov
        Click on "Visa Bulletin"
        You will see the available numbers for the month of June and July by region for Diversity Lottery. It gets updated every month. His interview should be around the same month as his Case Number becomes current.

Comment

He is from indonesia. Anybody have any suggestion. There is a number to call to Kentucky. Is it ok to call them and ask about this matter

Comment

To: SA. I went to the visa bulletin, is it the number that they posted the numbers of visa available? what do u mean by the interview should be the same month as his case number current. Is there a way that I can check whether his case number current?? can you please explain to me in details. I really appreciate it if u can tell me or anybody that knows about this matter. Thank you people

Comment

Hi help....

about your case number, just match your number with the number with the number in visa bulletin. If you are from indonesia, look in AS...., it your case number is under the cut off number, so you'll be scheduled soon.

It is OK to call KCC, just be ready with your case number.

So your brother win DV2003?

Will he do it in US (by adjustment of status) or will he do it in his country (by consular processing)

Comment

If his case number (AS# that you find at the bottom portion of the letter that he received from Kentucky) is 18050 or under, he should be scheduled for an interview for July. If AS# is over 18050, wait for August/Sept Visa Bulletin.
                If it is under 18050 and you think he has not received interview notice, contact Kentucky office. Get his Date of Birth ready when you call. Good luck!

Comment

to SA

SA, it seems that you've already won GCfrom DV.
                  What year of DV did you get your GC?

Do you do it here or in your country?

I want to know cos I won DV 2003, and I intend to do it here, but it seems complicated.

Comment

Hi SA and airin thanks for the responses. I really appreciated. Well in that case his case number is 35 something. Do you think he has a chance to get the visa number because if in july only 18 something and its only two more months left before it's closed. Is it ever happen people won a DV will not be able to get visa number. Airin....he will be adjusting his status in Indonesia since he is in Indonesia. Thank you for your reply if u could.

Comment

To help

Do you mean 35XXX or 35XX?
                      I have to leave now.....but if you need me, you can contact me at airin_chiu@yahoo.com....

Comment

Hi does anybody know whether when u won a DV lotery u will be more likely to get an interview. I just at the bulletin the visa number for ASIA in July only up to 18050 and my bro's case number is 35xxx and its 2 more months left and he sent all the paper works 8mos ago. I just wonder if anybody has knowledge about this. Please Let me know...please

Comment

Hello Help,

If your brother has filed AOS I-495, then he should not have to worry much about that. Soon he will get his letter for fingerprinting. Once fingerprinted, then he will get his EAD and his case will be processed sooner or later.

Good Luck and God Bless!

Hey, everything will be fine, don't worry")!

Comment

To One heart

You mean I485 for adjustment of status?
                            Did it happen to you?
                            Do you got your GC through DV and do it by AOS?
                            which INS office?

Comment

Hello Airin,

I am a USC by birth, but I have a friend who had adjusted his status while in the United States and yes, I did mean to write I-485 and this is for Adjustment of Status. Sorry about the error.

Best Of Luck To All Of You and I Also Extend My Best Wishes!

God Bless!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed