X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need to register

Hello

I was simply born on BAhrain (one of the call in group II countries). I was and am neither a national or a citizen of Bahrain

I am an indian citizen and so have been my parents from birth

Unde the circumstances do i have to register? Is anyone else in the same boat? please advise

Thanks

Hello

I was simply born on BAhrain (one of the call in group II countries). I was and am neither a national or a citizen of Bahrain

I am an indian citizen and so have been my parents from birth

Unde the circumstances do i have to register? Is anyone else in the same boat? please advise

Thanks

Comment

If u have Indian passport No then you dont have to register "YET". But be prepared for the next "Call in". HAHAAHAHAHAHAH.

Comment

You really should check, maybe call the INS customer service center, or get a free consult from an attorney. The INS website defines people as nationals of a country, despite passports from other countries. I would check by them. Certain countries (I think Iran is one) consider you a national if you were born there, and you are considered a national until you formally give up that nationality.

Comment

So far, Indian nationals (no matter where they were born) dont need to register.

Comment

If you are a dual citizen (India and Bahrain), you may need to to registrar.

I heard that if someone is a dual citizen of say X and Y countries, and Y is on the list of terror-countries, and was born in Y, s/he has to registrar (thats what our ISO sent us a news-letter)

Comment

Has anyone been in a similar situation like mine and gone to register?

If so, can you please share your experience

Thanks

Comment

I work in gulf and know the rules .You don't have possiblity to get Bahrain's nationality, not even in future. Your parents had AKAMA from Bahrain, which was valid for some years, but they were INdian Citizens. You might know that you will not be treated as Ist class citizen even if you marry to Bahraini national. rules are very different in gulf.
                No matter if you born in the listed countries , you don't have to register.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation