Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Thank you for your help. To those who don't believe that our love is true and pure, that's okay... you probably based your opinions on your experiences, and the fact that there are fraud marriages. Anyway, thanks everyone!!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Its obvious, you got married for greencard.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    lucille, you need to go back to yr country and take yr husband with you, otherwise it is obvious why an alien falls in love with someone us citizen so easily and there is nothing you can justify to overcome this because only motivation behind it and you know what's that.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Foreigners with visa status about to expire fall easily in love with Americans.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Lucille, I met my wife the same way. She came here on B visa and we met and married. We married two days after her extension was for, so she was out of status, but my lawyer said it does not matter. As long as marriage was entered into in good faith, and that we did not know each other before her coming into the country, INS can not say no. So the fact that you are still in status is even better. You should file 485, 130, ead, as soon as you have marriage license certified by town. I hired a lawyer so I would not have to worry. Keep records of everything to show marriage is valid. Check back here on this board and advise others of your case to pass on your knowledge, and good luck.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Tell your husband to file your petition while your status is still legal. If you do, since you are not out of status, you can remain in the U.S. and file for an Adjustment of Status. I'm just not sure if you can file for AOS at the same time your husband files for your petition, or if you do it after he filed and is approved.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hello everyone! This is the first time I've used this site. I hope you can help me. I entered the U.S. on a visitor's visa. During this time, my friend (met him through the internet) decided to meet in person. One thing led to another, and finally we decided to get married. I still have 2 months to stay here. Here are my questions. My husband is filing for a petition for a spouse this week, should I leave the country immediately? Can I maximize the time I'm allowed to stay here (I still have 2 months+)? Is there a process where we could request that I be allowed to stay here while my petition is being processed? THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Married a USC while on a B Visa

Married a USC while on a B Visa

Hello everyone! This is the first time I've used this site. I hope you can help me. I entered the U.S. on a visitor's visa. During this time, my friend (met him through the internet) decided to meet in person. One thing led to another, and finally we decided to get married. I still have 2 months to stay here. Here are my questions. My husband is filing for a petition for a spouse this week, should I leave the country immediately? Can I maximize the time I'm allowed to stay here (I still have 2 months+)? Is there a process where we could request that I be allowed to stay here while my petition is being processed? THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney