Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change illegal status,Help

I'm out of status for a few months now and i want to marry my USC fiance. Is it still possible to make my status a legal status through the marriage?

I'm out of status for a few months now and i want to marry my USC fiance. Is it still possible to make my status a legal status through the marriage?

Comment

Ha Manoj bhai, you go right ahead, na!

Comment

my advice to u is to cosult a lawyer ...
        this board is for amatures...

Comment

The sooner the better. You must get married in order for your SUC spouse to petition for you, and then you may have to leave US. If you are out of status more than 180 days, you will be barred from returning for 3 years. Our of status more than one year = ten-year bar

Comment

I was a united citizen when I met my wife, who had overstayed her visitor's visa for YEARS... I was in love, so we got married eventually, and then filed all the papers, and she is now a USC herself...we didn't use a lawyer, nor did we need one.. HAve your USC call the INS and request the packet of forms for your situation after you get married... I don' tbelieve any laws have changed that prevent someone changing status after marrying a USC...

After you do the papers, and if all goes well,you be on a conditional basis here for 3 years, just to make sure the marriage is not a fraud...

If you have anymore questions for me vivaperu@siscom.net

Comment

Thank you all for your reply.
              I'm only a few months out of status, and I came here on a B2 visa. I hope the INS will let me to adjust my status. Good luck.

Comment

Like everyone said, your overstay will be "pardonned". That's not something that will likely affect your petition.

I overstayed mine as well before filling my paperwork.

Until you file though, you run the risk of being deported, married or not.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation