Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian and moving to America

Hi!!!!! A straight forward answer to this question would be greatly appreciated. I've been researching online and it all seems so complicated. I am a Canadian woman with a 12yr daughter. I am currently dating an American man for over a year now. We are ready for me to make the move to be with him. What I am wondering is this. How and where do we start to get the process going?? I've been researching the net and it all seems so complicated with endless amounts of paperwork. Is it easier for us to marry here and then him request to have his spouse join him or is it easier for me to move there first and than marry?. Or do we get married at all and just make the move? If we do decide for me to move without getting married first, how do we go about that?. Is it a K1 that I need to apply for? There are so many forms with different numbers it's overwhelming and very discouraging. Could someone please just give me a straight forward answer????? Longing to be with my boyfriend

Hi!!!!! A straight forward answer to this question would be greatly appreciated. I've been researching online and it all seems so complicated. I am a Canadian woman with a 12yr daughter. I am currently dating an American man for over a year now. We are ready for me to make the move to be with him. What I am wondering is this. How and where do we start to get the process going?? I've been researching the net and it all seems so complicated with endless amounts of paperwork. Is it easier for us to marry here and then him request to have his spouse join him or is it easier for me to move there first and than marry?. Or do we get married at all and just make the move? If we do decide for me to move without getting married first, how do we go about that?. Is it a K1 that I need to apply for? There are so many forms with different numbers it's overwhelming and very discouraging. Could someone please just give me a straight forward answer????? Longing to be with my boyfriend

Comment

Hi:

You want to move to the US, not America. Canada, just like Argentina, Cuba, Brazil etc. are all in America. The US is in America, and is part of America.
      Even the BCIS is clear about that, at POE's it doen not say "American Citizens", it says US "Citizens"

Comment

Thanks for that. Never really thought of it that way but it doesn't answer my question

Comment

patswoman:

It is OK, people down here do not understand that us Canadians refer to the US as America (after all it is Amreicans not United Statesians). I dobt many people will be offended about that.

As far as what to do, I am sure others can give better advice. I was already down here on a H!b visa when I got married. That was in 1999 and I am still in the midst of the immigration process. Be prepared for a long journey...

ARQU

Comment

Contact me at truckenax@hotmail.com and my wife wil help you step by step. We are moving through it right now and she would be more then happy to help. She is up on it all.

Comment

Hi Trucken....I went to send you an e-mail but it says that your e-mail address does not exsist. Did you maybe type it in wrong? I doubled checked here. Thanks...or you can e-mail me at phoebe459@hotmail.com

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation