Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone knows when will I receive the green-card? Thank you

Hi , I got my approval notice form INS about 2 months ago, they stamped my passport, telling me that now I can travel. I would like to know usually how long it takes until they will mail me the green card? After 5 years of waiting for this approval I am still scared to travel without the green card itself. Thank you

Hi , I got my approval notice form INS about 2 months ago, they stamped my passport, telling me that now I can travel. I would like to know usually how long it takes until they will mail me the green card? After 5 years of waiting for this approval I am still scared to travel without the green card itself. Thank you

Comment

You can travel with it no problem. They say it takes a few months to get your card but it depends. I think they told me it may take up to 10 months to get it but I really got it a few months later.

Comment

Hi Diana

I am interested to know what category you were in as I have just applied for mine and I'm trying to estimate a rough guess as in how long I will be waiting.

I'm in the first preference category.

Another question I would like to ask if possible was while you were awaiting you approval did you ever travel to the US because I am not sure if I am permitted to travel to the US if I am awaiting confirmation that my application was successful..

Thank you for taking the time to answer these questions. I appreciate it.

Comment

I had a derivative asylee case ( reunion with my father) It took 4 and a half years . I never went outside of the US meanwhile. Good luck

Comment

IF U HAVE THE APPROVAL STAMP ON UR PASSPORT- THEN DONT WORRY ABOUT THE GREENCARD. UR GREENCARD WILL BE MAILEDTO U AT UR UNITED STATES ADDRESS. AND IT WILL TAKE A FEW MONTHS FOR THAT UNTIL THEN U TRAVEL TO USA AND RELAX. UR PASSPORT HAS A STAMP WHICH SAYS UR PERMITTED TO STAY AND WORK IN USA.SO DONT WORRY...

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation