AP??? please share good filing method!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AP??? please share good filing method!

I have applied for AOS in Washington DC.Now I would like to travel, can anyone give me ideas on how to formulate my reasons for travel for my Advance Parole application as I really want it to be approved.

Because people here are telling me 2 different stories:

1/ the first one being that Advance Parole is approved most of the times.

2/ and the second one being that AP is only approved for emergencies, i don't know who to believe.you can share your personal experiences with me for me to file my AP application correctly.
    Thanks a lot.

I have applied for AOS in Washington DC.Now I would like to travel, can anyone give me ideas on how to formulate my reasons for travel for my Advance Parole application as I really want it to be approved.

Because people here are telling me 2 different stories:

1/ the first one being that Advance Parole is approved most of the times.

2/ and the second one being that AP is only approved for emergencies, i don't know who to believe.you can share your personal experiences with me for me to file my AP application correctly.
    Thanks a lot.

Comment

There is a perception that APs are automatically approved as long as there is simultaneous application with the I-485 and the EAD.
      INS does not look much on your reason(s) for filing as we know that you need the AP document to protect your status should something emergency arises.

Comment

Thanks bugsy!
        As I have already applied for AOS and EAD but didn't apply for AP at that time would it hurt me as i'll be doing it separately?
        Waiting for your post!

Comment

Advance Parole is always approved unless you have have been out-of-status, in which case it won't.

Comment

Unless,
            i know many people that overstayed their visas (which means they were out of status) who applied for AP, got it, traveled and came back.
            Actually I think AP is to enable you to travel while your AOS application is processed.....

Comment

If you have been out of status for more than 180 days, I don't recommend you travel on an AP, you are still subject to the bans.

AP will allow you to travel while your AOS is pending, and you are allowed to come back and continue with the application proceedure. It is in NO WAY a guarantee that you will be allowed back in the country.

I was out of status but not for 180 days and they approved mine. I had no idea actually of the 180 days.

If you can, wait for your greencard, avoid the potential headache should something go wrong.

Tu as un nom tres interessant d'ailleurs. :P

Comment

I am really confused now!
                Lets recap....i came in the US on an H$ visa which I later to an F1...I went to College here for four years, graduated, worked for one year Optional Practical training, and then got married to a USC..my OPT status expired in 2000.........
                My understanding was that I could travel with the Advance Parole document and come back since I see people who overstayed for more that 180 day do the same...........I think I'll go to the INS district office and ask them.......
                Thanks!

Comment

No, you won't be allowed to come back if you've overstayed more than 180 days (at least in the next 3 years). Either that person got lucky that the INS officer didn't notice, or he/she used some fake documents.

Comment

Or perhaps your friend has applied for I-485 before the 180th day.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation