Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Third Country visa

I was a H-1 B visa holder, and I applied for a change of status to F-1 in Dec 2002. The I-20 I used for the application for the status change is for the sememter started Jan 06, 2003. However, the F-1 approval notice did not come through before the semester started, and I had to defer my enrollment till May, 2003. The F-1 approval notice came on Jan 24, 2003. It was already too late for me to start in Spring semester. I going to start school in May or Sept 2003, but would like to apply for a third country F-1 visa from cananda and return to US.

1. Am I considered out of status from 1/24/03 since in was not possiable to enroll in school until the next semester starts?
    2. Do I need to get a new I-20 starting May or Sept in order to apply for the visa? Can I use the old I-20 starting Jan. 2003 and explain the situation?

I was a H-1 B visa holder, and I applied for a change of status to F-1 in Dec 2002. The I-20 I used for the application for the status change is for the sememter started Jan 06, 2003. However, the F-1 approval notice did not come through before the semester started, and I had to defer my enrollment till May, 2003. The F-1 approval notice came on Jan 24, 2003. It was already too late for me to start in Spring semester. I going to start school in May or Sept 2003, but would like to apply for a third country F-1 visa from cananda and return to US.

1. Am I considered out of status from 1/24/03 since in was not possiable to enroll in school until the next semester starts?
    2. Do I need to get a new I-20 starting May or Sept in order to apply for the visa? Can I use the old I-20 starting Jan. 2003 and explain the situation?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation