Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport Stamp on I-551 Pending

I got adjustment of status for permanent residence filed on 9/00 (Fiancee Petition)INS wrote in my passport "Pending I-751 interview", below that (in the same page) the INS officer put a stamp saying "PROCESSED FOR I-551 TEMPORARY EVIDENCE OF LAWFUL ADMISSION FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE VALID UNTIL FEB. 2002 EMPLOYMT AUTHORIZED.

However, I never received a letter for interview.

On January 2002 I went to INS office to renew my stamp. According to the immigration officer that the computer showed I was approved on November 2001 (as mentioned above my interview was pending)but there is no record wether my permanent green card was sent to me, nor it is in process or returned to them in case I did not received it in my current/previous address. She don't know the answer but to Wait, I may receive it within 3 or 6 months, she and I hope. She gave me a form for inquiry of status, I sent this form every month for the last 4 months by certified mail unfortunately, I never received any responce from CSC. Would this be possible in a situation like this. By the way, my stamp was renewed for another year. Your seggestion to this matter is appreciated.

I got adjustment of status for permanent residence filed on 9/00 (Fiancee Petition)INS wrote in my passport "Pending I-751 interview", below that (in the same page) the INS officer put a stamp saying "PROCESSED FOR I-551 TEMPORARY EVIDENCE OF LAWFUL ADMISSION FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE VALID UNTIL FEB. 2002 EMPLOYMT AUTHORIZED.

However, I never received a letter for interview.

On January 2002 I went to INS office to renew my stamp. According to the immigration officer that the computer showed I was approved on November 2001 (as mentioned above my interview was pending)but there is no record wether my permanent green card was sent to me, nor it is in process or returned to them in case I did not received it in my current/previous address. She don't know the answer but to Wait, I may receive it within 3 or 6 months, she and I hope. She gave me a form for inquiry of status, I sent this form every month for the last 4 months by certified mail unfortunately, I never received any responce from CSC. Would this be possible in a situation like this. By the way, my stamp was renewed for another year. Your seggestion to this matter is appreciated.

Comment

They say it can take up to a year to receive your green card in the mail.

Usually most people dont get an interview for the I751.

Did you have an interview at all with the INS?

I'm assuming by your story that you filed to have the conditions removed from your green card.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation