Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umesh, Mohan, Linda or anyone else --- PLEASE HELP

I am an H1B consultant and just spoke to my lawyer about RIR.

The lawyer said that the chances of success in this high unemploymene rate environment are really low.

I am based in arlington, VA and have a master degree in industrial engineering and operations research - also have programming skills

do you guys think that now is not a good time to apply for RIR?
    Also if i apply and get rejected will it affect my chances for next time?

Please advise - I am very confused.

Thanking you in advance
    Analemma

I am an H1B consultant and just spoke to my lawyer about RIR.

The lawyer said that the chances of success in this high unemploymene rate environment are really low.

I am based in arlington, VA and have a master degree in industrial engineering and operations research - also have programming skills

do you guys think that now is not a good time to apply for RIR?
    Also if i apply and get rejected will it affect my chances for next time?

Please advise - I am very confused.

Thanking you in advance
    Analemma

Comment

I'm sorry that I can't answer your question, but I'm posting this to get your message bumped back to the top so others can see it again. Good luck1

Comment

The best advisor on these boards has been and remains Mohan. Unfortunately some people began to bash him and he left...although he does come time after time...he's very knowleadgeable and has excellent research skills...i hope he comes and respond your question...

Comment

The best advisor on these boards has been and remains Umesh Passi. Unfortunately some people began to bash him.....even then....I know he would never leave. He's very knowleadgeable and has excellent research skills...I know he will come and respond to your question...

Take care and good luck!

Comment

Umesh , Mohan please help !!

Comment

I will try to answer your question from what I know.

As for RIR, You (or your company) will have to prove that there is no US person available for the job and if it is proved that there are suitable candidates willing to accept the job, then they will get the job and not you so the application fails. You will have to evaluate your situation based on exprience, skills and location and decide on that basis. One word of caution DOL strongly advises the position requirements cannot be tailor-made for a candidate.

I am sorry but have no answers for future application.

LB

Comment

hahaha...umesh is becoming jealous...Mohan remains the best...sorry umesh...

Comment

I really don't think Annalemma cares who is best and who is not as long as she gets her question answered.

Umesh Passi and Mohan are both great advisors and so are many others that might have the experience and able to give advice.

I really don't understand some people on this board. Where in the H*LL did a lot of you come from anyway?

TO: Annalemma,

I apologize for the immaturity of certain people on this board and I do hope soon that your question will be answered.

Wishing you the best of luck!

Comment

I think you were Umesh.

Comment

If you would actually read, that is if you can read, the differences in the writing, you could tell very easily if it was Umesh Passi or not.

Take care!

Comment

Umesh, go away (to the other board e.g.)

Comment

BAGHDAD (AFP) - US forces brought the war onto the streets of Baghdad, battling with Iraqi troops in their first ground thrust inside Saddam Hussein's capital, leaving hundreds of Iraqis reported dead. With US troops in the Iraqi capital, commanders said they could now enter the city as and when they liked, but warned that the battle for Baghdad was far from over. A battalion of US tanks that rumbled into Baghdad at dawn left the smouldering remains of dozens of Iraqi military vehicles in its wake, an AFP correspondent reported. "It was hell," said Kamal, an electrician from the Yarmuk district in southwest Baghdad about 10 kilometres (six miles) from the city centre. "The firepower was incredible. There was no let-up in the firing for three hours. Machine gun fire, light artillery and RPGs (Rocket-Propelled Grenades)," he said. "We were on a battlefield." The battalion punched its way into the heart of Baghdad from the capital's Saddam International Airport after US commanders claimed control of the facility and renamed it Baghdad International Airport.

Iraqi Information Minister Mohammad Said al-Sahhaf insisted that coalition troops had been chased out of the airport: "We have defeated them, in fact we have crushed them. We have pushed them outside the whole area of the airport. "The Republican Guard is in full control of Saddam International Airport." A US military spokesman, speaking to AFP from the airport, scorned claims that it was still under Iraqi control, saying the only Iraqi troops he had seen in the facility were "dead or captured". A US spokesman in Qatar said that coalition forces had secured the airport. US-led forces launched a night of heavy raids on the city, with fireballs lighting the night sky and warplanes roaring overhead.

AFP reporters said they saw no US forces in the city at mid-day, several hours after the first push inside city. A US commander said around 1,000 Iraqi troops had been killed in the drive into the battered capital, and an AFP reporter saw dozens of Iraqi military vehicles burning in the streets. Infantry commander Colonel David Perkins said Iraqi bodies were "all over the streets," as US troops in and around Baghdad were engaged in the fiercest fighting since the war to topple Saddam was launched on March 20. "This wasn't a patrol -- go in and come out," spokesman and Navy Captain Frank Thorp said at US Central Command in Qatar. He later told CNN: "We have coalition armoured combat formations right in the heart of Baghdad," adding: "This is a desperate regime. They're on their last legs."

Perkins said the US forces destroyed about 100 pieces of Iraqi equipment, including air defence systems, tanks, rocket-propelled grenade launchers, recoilless rifles and guided anti-tank missiles. Iraqi army trucks, armoured personnel carriers as well as jeeps mounted with anti-aircraft guns were abandoned, some burning and others smoking, an AFP correspondent reported. Soldiers and armed paramilitary elements were deployed in the area, diverting traffic on roads blocked by overturned burning trucks. In London, a British government spoeksman said that units of Iraq's elite Republican Guard had suffered heavy losses. "Tanks have gone into Baghdad to make it clear to the people that whatever the (Iraqi) regime may say, the coalition forces are advancing and there is a determination to see the job through," the spokesman said.

"Elements of the Republican Guard have suffered a comprehensive defeat with very heavy losses and a number of desertions," he said. Destroyed Iraqi military vehicles were left burning after the clashes, an AFP correspondent reported. Colonel Will Grimsley, a US infantry commander, said of the dawn tank raid into Baghdad: "It's called 'let me poke you in the eye because we can and you can't do anything about it'." Grimsley said the division had come under rifle and rocket-propelled grenade fire as they entered Baghdad. "We have had troops that are approaching the heart of the city. They are conducting patrols and operations in Baghdad and have encountered sporadic resistance," said Ensign David Luckett, a spokesman for the US Central Command. A US tank commander was shot and killed and two other soldiers were wounded during the operation, a senior officer said.

To the southeast of the city, US Marines moving towards the capital clashed with a division of the Republican Guard, a US military spokesman said in Qatar. And further to the southwest, the US 101st Airborne Division launched an air assault to secure the central town of Karbala, a major Shiite Muslim town less than 100 kilometres from Baghdad, military officials said. Major Mike Slocum said the division's helicopters encountered little resistance and that infantry troops would secure the outside of the city before moving in. Britain's Press Association reported that human remains, including bundles of bone in strips of military uniform, were discovered in an abandoned military base near Al Zubayr, 20 kilometers southwest of the second city of Basra. The news agency reported that British soldiers had found buildings containing "apparent cells and catalogues of photographs of the dead, most of whom had died from gunshot wounds to the head."

"Others were mutilated beyond recognition, their faces burned and swollen in the faded black and white photographs," it reported. Baghdad saw continued heavy bombing concentrated, as it was all night, on the southern fringes of the city towards the airport, where US infantry Lieutenant Colonel Scott Rutter said clashes had destroyed six Iraqi tanks. Despite the intensity of the bombing around the southern rim and the breakdown of water and electricity supplies, Baghdadis were out and about and cars and buses were on the roads. US central command in Qatar said that nine bodies recovered during a mission to rescue an Army private held in southern Iraq were believed to be those of US soldiers. Grimsley said that three other US soldiers were killed in a vehicle accident at Baghdad's airport, while two pilots were killed when their attack helicopter crashed in central Iraq early Saturday, US central command said.

In northern Iraq, US special forces and Iraqi Kurd rebels have cut off the southern exits from the oil centre of Kirkuk, and were operating within five kilometers of the strategic city, Kurdish military sources said. The city, along with Mosul to the northwest, is the main goal of Kurdish rebels advancing with the support of US-led forces. Two Saudi newspapers, branding Iraq's rulers "tyrannical and oppressive", urged the regime to step down: "A last chance still exists for them to abandon their vainglorious attitude," Okaz daily said. In the south, British forces on the outskirts of Basra would not be launching a shock assault, Group Captain Al Lockwood told BBC radio from Qatar, adding that, barring a surrender, "slowly, slowly" was the way to proceed.

Comment

You just proved my point, thank you! It is obvious you are the one that is jealous and this goes to show your Immaturity.

Now leave it and get a life!

Comment

Umesh go away

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources