Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Green Card question

Hello all.. I have a question. I'm a US citizen and married my fiancee (who is on F1 visa) and want him to get a green card. Do you know how long it will typically take and any recommendations for good immigration lawyers in New York?

Hello all.. I have a question. I'm a US citizen and married my fiancee (who is on F1 visa) and want him to get a green card. Do you know how long it will typically take and any recommendations for good immigration lawyers in New York?

Comment

You have a long way to go.
      File the whole marriage based package. Forms I-130 (immigrant visa petition), form I-485 (adjustment of status) and I-765 (employment authorization).
      You can download them from BCIS website www.bcis.gov Forms are no brainer. Why waste money on an attorney?

I-130 might take 8 months to a year.

I-485's clock will start after I-130 is approved and will take another 1-2 years before an interview.

I-765 will take no longer then 90-120 days.

Comment

deport illegal aliens

Comment

Nancy, you don't want to waste money on a lawyer, unless you got some major issues (his criminal background, etc.). The forms are easy to fill, and everything is explained very clearly on them and also on BCIS web page. Good luck!

Comment

And to complement Christine, I-130 and I-485 are adjudicated together in marriage cases.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation