Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any answers ?? mohan if you have a answer please help

i know this might not be the place to post it but then i thought maybe it is me and my husband just got married he is here illegally i will be filing taxes should i file jointly or seperately cause obviously he doesnt have a social security number

i know this might not be the place to post it but then i thought maybe it is me and my husband just got married he is here illegally i will be filing taxes should i file jointly or seperately cause obviously he doesnt have a social security number

Comment

he don't have SSN. How you will be able to file joint taxes?. I don't think he can get TIN also as he is here illegally.

Comment

i know it was kind of a dumb question but i didnt know thanks Mohan !!!

Comment

You should have gone with him to his country and marry their and come back and file for him as K1/Visa.( the easiest way). It will be very hard for him to adjust his status.

Comment

he is from mexico and my job doesnt allow me that much time off we just got married married 3 months ago im 2 months pregnant what should i file for him?

Comment

I'm with Mohan. There is no more 245(i) and there's no way he can adjust here. He should go back to Mexico the way he entered to this country then process his papers from there.BTW, where did you guys get married? If you got married in Mexico then there's no problem but if you married in the states, then that's a big problem. You need a lawyer.

Comment

everyone is right about what they are saying about your chances for getting chaging his status (assuming he did enter the country illegally) - so good luck.

but in answer to your first question - you will need a TIN in order to put him on your taxes. He should be eligible for one (even though he is illegal). My husband is eligible and he isn't even in the country! if you have any questions call the IRS and ask (they are not the same as the INS, therefore asking should cause you any problems, if you are concerned ask anonymously!)

Comment

sorry that "should" in the last line was supposed to be "shouldn't" - "calling the IRS shouldn't cause you any problems!"

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation