X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overstayed October 1997 ...October 2002

Hi Everybody

I would love it if i could get help or advice on here. First of all i came in the US in october 1997 on a B2 visa .I was granted a year to stay in the US and return.Im from the Ivory coast (west africa) While i was here My both parents died in a car accident and being the only child i have decided to stay since i have no longer any parents to go back to.I've never got to known any of my both parents family ,because i was always away for school . Okay about 8 months ago i got married to my US Girlfiend (Been 2gether for 3 years) Okay now i want to adjust my status .But i would like to know if it can be possible ?
    What paperwork should i be filing? I came in the country legally so i was told by a lawyer that i didnt need to wait for 245(I) to adjust my status.Is it true?
    PLEase help.
    Thank u

Hi Everybody

I would love it if i could get help or advice on here. First of all i came in the US in october 1997 on a B2 visa .I was granted a year to stay in the US and return.Im from the Ivory coast (west africa) While i was here My both parents died in a car accident and being the only child i have decided to stay since i have no longer any parents to go back to.I've never got to known any of my both parents family ,because i was always away for school . Okay about 8 months ago i got married to my US Girlfiend (Been 2gether for 3 years) Okay now i want to adjust my status .But i would like to know if it can be possible ?
    What paperwork should i be filing? I came in the country legally so i was told by a lawyer that i didnt need to wait for 245(I) to adjust my status.Is it true?
    PLEase help.
    Thank u

Comment

Yes That's true!

Good Luck!

Comment

Right on .....Thank you

Comment

Right on .....Thank you

Comment

"While i was here My both parents died in a car accident"

How terrible! It must've been very difficult for you.. Best of luck to you!

Comment

Yes it was and still is. Because they pretty much were the only family i have ever had .Now my only family are my friends and my wife .And i was 19 when that happend .

Comment

Assuming that you have asked a lawyer, what was the advise given? I do suggest that get a lawyer,you will spend of course, but there is no substitute for peace of mind.this board might just confuse you more if you do things on your own.

Comment

The lawyer said i should go ahead and apply for my change of status and that ishouldnt fear anything since i came in the country legally but i just wanted to make sure since i dont really trust what just 1 person says even if he's a lawyer .

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation