X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got EAD CAN i BE self employed?

Hi all
    I really need help on this one. I was on H4 visa for the last one year. Now i have got EAD alongwith my husband who is on H1. I wish tostart my own company and be self employed. Can I do that? where can i get more info on this?
    pls. help
    thanks in advance
    eva

Hi all
    I really need help on this one. I was on H4 visa for the last one year. Now i have got EAD alongwith my husband who is on H1. I wish tostart my own company and be self employed. Can I do that? where can i get more info on this?
    pls. help
    thanks in advance
    eva

Comment

Hi Eva,

1) You should consult your attorney on this. There might be some limitations what you may or may not do using an EAD.
      2) EAD allows you to work legally, however your future depends heavily on the outcome of your husband's I-485 filing. You are currently an adjustee derivative from your husband's case.
      3) H-1B is a safety net for your husband while I-485 is pending. Therefore, he should try to maintain H-1B status as long as possible.
      4) As far as I know, your use of EAD does not cancel your husband's H-1B status. His use of EAD does cancel his H-1B status.
      5) Just curious: when and where was your husband's I-485 filed?

Hope it helps. Good luck.

Comment

You can start your own business and be a self-employed person. EAD is actually required if you work for others. It is upto you whether you want to form a Corporation or DBA.
        Good luck.

Comment

To be self-employed you don't need an EAD at all.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation