Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long before I receive my Work Permit?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long before I receive my Work Permit?

Hello everyone,

I came in the US legally in october of 1997 and overstayed my visa since april 1998.
    I got married this year in August and we filled for my AOS.
    The form were first sent on the 6th of October 2003( Last month ). And it was returned to me 2 days later because I didn't include they say the fingerprint amount $50 -all the amount I sent back on the 14 th of October to BCIS was $550. I receive my return mail receipt from USPS saying that BCIS received the form on the 16th.
    Today is November 02 and it has been 17 days and I haven't heard from there saying when I will be receiving my work Permit.
    I am from Ivory Coast west africa.
    When do you think , I will hear from them?
    I am also in Washington State.

Thanks in advance
    So

You will get your EAD less than 90 days. If more than 90 days you can go to local BCIS and bring your EAD receipt from BCIS and they will issue your EAD there.

Comment

I quote:
      << You will get your EAD less than 90 days. If more than 90 days you can go to local BCIS and bring your EAD receipt from BCIS and they will issue your EAD there.>>

I am not sure if you understood what I meantioned above but, I haven't gotten any receipt from them yet.
      The only receipt that I got is the one from the Post Office saying that my Forms were received by BCIS on the 16th.

How long will it be before I get a receitpt from them or?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

I quote:
        << You will get your EAD less than 90 days. If more than 90 days you can go to local BCIS and bring your EAD receipt from BCIS and they will issue your EAD there.>>

I am not sure if you understood what I meantioned above but, I haven't gotten any receipt from them yet.
        The only receipt that I got is the one from the Post Office saying that my Forms were received by BCIS on the 16th.

How long will it be before I get a receipt from them or?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

When I applied for my first work permit, it took about 45 days before I even received any receipt. When I applied for my renewal it took less than a week. What you can do is check with your bank if they cashed the checks you sent in. Once they cash your checks, you can start counting 90 days from that date.

Comment

What state are you in? Each state does things differently when handling these apps. Some people have not recieved work permits for months. depends on the local procedure in that state. Shouldnt you be a little more concerned about your illegal status when you got married since there is no 245I in place now. and having to answer questions in the AOS about why you did not register for the special registration. And when you are asked how have you supported yourself all these years in the US without legally having a job.

Comment

First of all I am not worried because I came in the country legally.
              I do have an I-94 a visa but just that I overstayed it.

I have called Bank of America yesterday to see if the money order I sent together with all of my forms was cashed. And yes Indeed they say it was.

What does that mean when the money is cashed by BCIS?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Can anyone please clarify me on this?

Should I be expecting some sort of receipt from them anytime soon or should I count 90 days starting the day the Bank told me they cashed my money order.

Please help me if you know anything about this.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

You should receive a receipt from them. How long it will take is anyones guess. For my first EAD it took almost 2 months before I heard anything. The 2nd time, it took about 2 weeks before they sent the notice. You should be able to go to BCIS after 90 days (after you check was cashed) if you haven't received your EAD. You will need to bring the cancelled check (which is proof it was cashed). If you contact your bank, they can hekp you get this proof.

Comment

Thanks Mark,

I have called the bank back after reading your post and they sent me a proof of my money order showing it was cashed by the US TRESORY.
                    I have it with me and hopefully they will respond soon enough than the 90 days.

Comment

You will get your receipt soon. Its still early. I got mine after 30 days. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks to all of you for your answers and help.
                        I will make sure to update you guys on whatever happends.

Again Thanks

One.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs