Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constructively Present

I was going over the requirements for naturalization and I came accross the requirements for physical presence. I also came upon the following regarding physical presence-:
    "The only exception to this requirement is for time outside of the US during which a person is considered to be "constructively present" in the US."
    WHat does this really mean. I was employed by a US employer and have an affidavit
    of support regarding my absence for 3 years was to develop trade for the united states. Can this be considred as being "constructively present" ?
    Is there any precedence in case law where a person developing foreign trade for a US corporation is considred to be constructively present for naturalization purposes ?

I was going over the requirements for naturalization and I came accross the requirements for physical presence. I also came upon the following regarding physical presence-:
    "The only exception to this requirement is for time outside of the US during which a person is considered to be "constructively present" in the US."
    WHat does this really mean. I was employed by a US employer and have an affidavit
    of support regarding my absence for 3 years was to develop trade for the united states. Can this be considred as being "constructively present" ?
    Is there any precedence in case law where a person developing foreign trade for a US corporation is considred to be constructively present for naturalization purposes ?

Comment

Here's a good article on constructive presence in the U.S. http://www.visalaw.com/01may2/12may201.html

Comment

THanks for the update..I looked at the article however it is very vague about what constructively present means..All it says in most cases it is used to meean service in armed forces but doesn't say it only means this...WOuld appreciate it if I could get more info on this

Comment

employed by the US government (directly or under contract) or working abroad in a religious function

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation