Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discrepancies in documentation- how much do they affect a gc application?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Some of you may have experienced approvals or denials of a GC application based on employment.. my friend's application for I-140 (Application for Permanent Residence) was recently denied by the INS for reasons of inconsistency with the W-2 provided and the salary as per her application.

I dont know if this was the fault of the lawyer who prepared her forms, so, I think anybody who is undergoing adjustment of status should have access to all the documents filed by the lawyer, but then, what do we know? we cannot say if they are doing the right thing or not. we just assume that they do, but, it is money lost when the case is denied, and an appeal would be too costly.

any related experience related to labor cert, adjustment of status-- all phases would be greatly appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Discrepancies in documentation- how much do they affect a gc application?

Some of you may have experienced approvals or denials of a GC application based on employment.. my friend's application for I-140 (Application for Permanent Residence) was recently denied by the INS for reasons of inconsistency with the W-2 provided and the salary as per her application.

I dont know if this was the fault of the lawyer who prepared her forms, so, I think anybody who is undergoing adjustment of status should have access to all the documents filed by the lawyer, but then, what do we know? we cannot say if they are doing the right thing or not. we just assume that they do, but, it is money lost when the case is denied, and an appeal would be too costly.

any related experience related to labor cert, adjustment of status-- all phases would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney