Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Are Human Too

The lure of America to Immigrants as always been a potent force. A land rich in promises and full of potential that offers hope to the hopeless and riches to the hard working it is said. Well this may be true, but a Country that calls immigrants Aliens and treats them with distain and humilation
    seem contradictory to the reality on the ground.

What is my grouse you may ask? Well it is the no win situation for Legal Immigrants. If you get a decent job and you work hard, you get knocks for that because you are taking jobs from "Americans".

Well, if you are irresponsible and jobless, that makes you a poster boy for immigration gone awry which means which ever way you turn as an Immigrant especially if you are from the third world, you are just a stain in the great American tradition and values.

Please for the hate mongers i am not talking about illegal immigrants okay, i am talking about law abiding legal immigrants. Why do i say we are human too? Well, I am a Permanent Resident and i have been married for two years but guess what? I have only been married on paper because I have to wait for four to five years before my wife who is a British Citizen can receive an Immigrant number and move here to live with me.

Without sounding too religious, the bible says what God has put togerther, let no one but assunder but next to terrorism that seem to be the primary reason for the INS. Why should there be laws to seperate and break up families? Is it not inhumane for a law abiding and tax paying resident be denied an opportunity to have a family and see his wife or and Children live together?

It is obvious that family values and ties is not an essential part of the American life but it needs to be and "Aliens" are human beings who deserve to be treated as such. Keeping families apart for years is not only immoral, but it is unjust.

The lure of America to Immigrants as always been a potent force. A land rich in promises and full of potential that offers hope to the hopeless and riches to the hard working it is said. Well this may be true, but a Country that calls immigrants Aliens and treats them with distain and humilation
    seem contradictory to the reality on the ground.

What is my grouse you may ask? Well it is the no win situation for Legal Immigrants. If you get a decent job and you work hard, you get knocks for that because you are taking jobs from "Americans".

Well, if you are irresponsible and jobless, that makes you a poster boy for immigration gone awry which means which ever way you turn as an Immigrant especially if you are from the third world, you are just a stain in the great American tradition and values.

Please for the hate mongers i am not talking about illegal immigrants okay, i am talking about law abiding legal immigrants. Why do i say we are human too? Well, I am a Permanent Resident and i have been married for two years but guess what? I have only been married on paper because I have to wait for four to five years before my wife who is a British Citizen can receive an Immigrant number and move here to live with me.

Without sounding too religious, the bible says what God has put togerther, let no one but assunder but next to terrorism that seem to be the primary reason for the INS. Why should there be laws to seperate and break up families? Is it not inhumane for a law abiding and tax paying resident be denied an opportunity to have a family and see his wife or and Children live together?

It is obvious that family values and ties is not an essential part of the American life but it needs to be and "Aliens" are human beings who deserve to be treated as such. Keeping families apart for years is not only immoral, but it is unjust.

Comment

Have you look at the V1 visa? It might be of some help to you.
      http://www.immihelp.com/visas/kv.html

Comment

Hello Frustrated,

I truly am sorry for all that you are going through. I really can feel your hurt, pain, sadness, and frustration. I also agree with you that it is very unjust and immoral to keep families apart. Believe me, if there was something that I could do to change that, I would.

Frustrated, my heart goes out to you and I wish I had the right words to comfort you, but I know, no words can comfort the loved ones missing in our lives.

All that I can say, is that you, your wife, your children, and your loved ones will always be in my prayers.

I wish you all the luck in the world and I pray that you will be united with your family very soon.

God Bless You Always, Frustrated, and All That You Love!

Comment

To Frustrated:
          I am really very sorry to see your sufferings. I know how it feels when someone is separated from his loved ones. I myself am an Immigrant and a USC. I still can not bring my son here because of beaurocracy.
          Government need to do something in this regard. They should be instrumental in joining the families not breaking them in pieces. If Government can not issue Immigrant Visa in a reasonable time of 5 - 7 months then, they should issue some other type of Visa to join the families and they can adjust their status thereafter.
          We come here just to provide better life to our kids, and if we are separated from our families and loved ones, that is not fair.
          I pray that our politicians came to realize that our families are equally dearer to us like their own families. We also want to stay with our families happily. These politician may pass some measures in the House to facilitate arrival of our families.
          I hope soon you will be united with your wife and kids.
          God bless you and your family always.

Comment

Thanks for your encouraging words and the moral support. The price one pays to live in this Country is really high and the punishment only gets worse. The whole purpose of the unfair laws is just to frustrate and break families.

Comment

Me too feel very sad for you and for those (including myself) who must go through this kind of frustration, because of being in love with (or married to) somebody, who happens to be from some other country. There is always a hope to get together and stay together beloved ones in the U.S... But if you are about to loose any hope then rethink again...there are many other ways to be with your family and it doesn't have to be necessarily in the United States of America

Comment

It is sad for those that try and do it right, all those that came illegal have really caused pain for many, they are only interested in their greed and affect many others who should be welcomed in this country.

Comment

Iam going through the same situation for the last 2.5 years. I am not able to marry my girlfriend whom i know since the last 5 years, because there is no means by which i can get her here. If i get married , i know i must wait another 4-5 years in addition to the wait so far. Citizenship is 2 years away....day in and day out, my personal life is taking a hit. I especially feel dejected when i see that ppl with H1,F1 etc can bring their spouses to stay with them, but we GC holders can't even think of it unless we are prepared for the agonising wait of 4-5 years.

Slowly, my hopes of marrying my long time GF is fading off ... unless i decide to give up US. Iam been torn b/w the lure of good life in US and the love of my life.....its tough to be in love or married and have a GC. Who can help us....i guess no one.....

Comment

I guess that is the price one pays for living one's Country after falling for the Hype that is America. If people can sit down and make a law that delibrately tears family apart, it says a lot about the culture here. This is a Country that still wants you to file tax returns has a Green card holder when you move back to your Country or else where. It show what the priorities are here.

Comment

Understand where the problems come from, those of us that do it legal have been trashed by those that do not, I have spent tons of money trying to straighten it out, why because so many here illegally have screwed the whole system for all, we can place blame on the government but what can they do with problems created by people who don't care but only of them selfs. Easy to point at them but I walk in their shoes for once and see why I have the problems, too many floooding county , how do we except them to handle this mess.

Comment

Given the extensive abuse of marriage to US citizens as a basis for immigration, I'm sure you can see why rushing to allow LPRs to bring their spouses, particularly if they married AFTER getting the GC, is also a problem.

Console yourself with the fact that you can easily call or travel to visit your spouse--something that would have been difficult even 50 years ago. My cousins' grandparents from Poland took years to re-unite here after the husband came f irst to earn money to pay for his family to come. No phone or plane travel then!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation