Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dual citizen

I recently got married to a dual citizen (Turkish and American) in Turkey. I also have dual citizenship between UK and Turkey. I currently have an H-1 visa sponsored by my employer on my Bristish Passport. I would like to apply for a green card. But my question is this: do we have to get married in this country as an American and a British for me to apply for a green card or can I use the International Turkish Marriage license which was based on our Turkish passports?
    I would greatly appreciate it if you could advise. Thank you.

I recently got married to a dual citizen (Turkish and American) in Turkey. I also have dual citizenship between UK and Turkey. I currently have an H-1 visa sponsored by my employer on my Bristish Passport. I would like to apply for a green card. But my question is this: do we have to get married in this country as an American and a British for me to apply for a green card or can I use the International Turkish Marriage license which was based on our Turkish passports?
    I would greatly appreciate it if you could advise. Thank you.

Comment

As far as I know you can get married anywhere in the world, but the USA will still need to "approve" the marriage, you will still have to file the I-130, etc.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation