Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-601 hardship ideas - originally posted by mohan

This was originally posted on this board by Mohan. With all of the discussion regarding hardship waivers, I thought I would repost this. Maybe it will help to spark some ideas.

In 2003 these are some of the factors that BCIS considers when looking at the I-601:
    (1) The age of the alien, both at the time of entry to the United States and at the time of application for suspension of deportation;
    (2) The age and number of USC children and their ability to speak the native language of and to adjust to life in the country of return.
    (3) The health condition of the USC or the USC's children, spouse, or parents and the availability of any required medical treatment in the country to which the alien would be returned;
    (4) The USC's ability to obtain employment in the country to which the alien would be returned
    (5) The length of residence in the United States;
    (6)The existence of other family members who are or will be legally residing in the United States
    (7) The financial impact of the alien's departure;
    (8.) The impact of a disruption of educational opportunities for the USC
    (9) The psychological impact of the alien's deportation;
    (10) The current political and economic conditions in the country to which the alien would be returned
    (11) Family and other tiesof the USC to the country to which the alien would be returned
    (12) Contributions to and ties to a community in the United States, including the degree of integration into society;
    (13) Immigration history, including authorized residence in the United States;
    (14) The availability of other means of adjusting to permanent resident status.

This was originally posted on this board by Mohan. With all of the discussion regarding hardship waivers, I thought I would repost this. Maybe it will help to spark some ideas.

In 2003 these are some of the factors that BCIS considers when looking at the I-601:
    (1) The age of the alien, both at the time of entry to the United States and at the time of application for suspension of deportation;
    (2) The age and number of USC children and their ability to speak the native language of and to adjust to life in the country of return.
    (3) The health condition of the USC or the USC's children, spouse, or parents and the availability of any required medical treatment in the country to which the alien would be returned;
    (4) The USC's ability to obtain employment in the country to which the alien would be returned
    (5) The length of residence in the United States;
    (6)The existence of other family members who are or will be legally residing in the United States
    (7) The financial impact of the alien's departure;
    (8.) The impact of a disruption of educational opportunities for the USC
    (9) The psychological impact of the alien's deportation;
    (10) The current political and economic conditions in the country to which the alien would be returned
    (11) Family and other tiesof the USC to the country to which the alien would be returned
    (12) Contributions to and ties to a community in the United States, including the degree of integration into society;
    (13) Immigration history, including authorized residence in the United States;
    (14) The availability of other means of adjusting to permanent resident status.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation